Bren Tuning tomorrow. Looking forward to it

diabloadsit

Well tomorrow morning I am leaving the house about 5:30 to get down to Bren.

Looking forward to having a good tune on the car. I will keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

-=Lobstah=-

thank god you have a built engine
default_biggrin.png
and not OEM
default_smile.png

Ryan

My '10 STI short block blew a piston at 3500 miles
default_smile.png
. Car is stored away and covered until I can tear it apart, again...

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
My '10 STI short block blew a piston at 3500 miles
default_smile.png
. Car is stored away and covered until I can tear it apart, again...
I'm really really sorry to hear that. Any idea why it happened? Tune? Bad from the factory? Good luck with it, and try not to get too discouraged

Ryan

No idea. Too many variables at this point. I'm sure we'll get a better picture when we tear it apart. It gives me an excuse to go forged internals this time around though
default_smile.png

stiXXX

If Meyagi builds your next motor, it WON'T detonate, THAT I can tell you.

A DOA @ 3500 miles = BUILD FAIL, like THAT should be "cloudy"...

IMO Ry, buy an Axis Stage II block from http://www.vividracing.com and a Cozzie oil pump.

If you're feeling "baller", get it sleeved...

Then add anything else you can afford that says "Cosworth", and have Meyagi go over it with a fine tooth comb before installation.

I'd say you can come out at < $8K and have a motor that will (finally) stand up to a good hard thrashing... Of course, then the tranny is the sore spot, and for that, a $5K Sheppard box, possibly with cryo-treated gears, would end your drivetrain woes-perhaps indefinately.

Yes, you'll be "out" $13K or so, plus labor, but in the end your car would be just about bullet-proof.

If a boat is a hole in the water you pour money in to, then a stage XXI Subaru is a hole in your wallet that money flows OUT of.

'Zat iz' all.

XXX

diabloadsit

Man I leave the thread for a day it it gets taken over. lol

Well Tune went ok. Bren was a really good guy. He spent 3 1/2 hours working on my car. I am having 2 issues though. Not huge and nothing wrong with the build.

We did a leak test for all the charge side pieces and it was perfect. No leaks or anything.

Bren was only able to get the Boost up to to 16.5 lbs. Which is wierd.

I have a Prodrive EBCS on the car. He had it maxed out and still didn't want to budge. On 91 oct with only 16.5 lbs of boost his computer was saying I am putting down 300 whp and 300 torque. He says the car has tons of more room I just need to figure out the boost problem

Even with only 16 lbs the car feels much better. Idle is back down to around stock numbers unlike someone elses tune who I will not mention at this time. Car feels much smoother.

Now I need to figure out my lack of boost building and also why my car has a surgeing effect in it if I am anywhere from 65-80mph with the cruise control on and I will be all set.

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
Man I leave the thread for a day it it gets taken over. lol
Well Tune went ok. Bren was a really good guy. He spent 3 1/2 hours working on my car. I am having 2 issues though. Not huge and nothing wrong with the build.

We did a leak test for all the charge side pieces and it was perfect. No leaks or anything.

Bren was only able to get the Boost up to to 16.5 lbs. Which is wierd.

I have a Prodrive EBCS on the car. He had it maxed out and still didn't want to budge. On 91 oct with only 16.5 lbs of boost his computer was saying I am putting down 300 whp and 300 torque. He says the car has tons of more room I just need to figure out the boost problem

Even with only 16 lbs the car feels much better. Idle is back down to around stock numbers unlike someone elses tune who I will not mention at this time. Car feels much smoother.

Now I need to figure out my lack of boost building and also why my car has a surgeing effect in it if I am anywhere from 65-80mph with the cruise control on and I will be all set.
Looked and pulled really strong for low boost. Your basemap was
default_tongue.png
. Full boost was pre-4000 which is very rare for that setup.

Even at 50 and 100% duty cycle your boost level wouldn't change. Weird. I didn't like the connectors on the tubing either. Sure it wasn't re-hosed when the motor was swapped?

Either way good opportunity to get a quality MBC on it, the surging and low boost has to have something to do with that prodrive, somethings not working right.

Thanks for coming down, always a pleasure.

diabloadsit

Positive that the hosing you saw Bren is what was done by you know who. Like I said I have been eye balling it thinking of redoing it for awhile now. i just need to find someone else with a Prodrive EBCS and see if I can borrow it for a sec.

Latest posts

Back