Brian's 2005 Forester XT

boxerboost

Quick back story... I had a 2005 STi for about 5-6 years and loved every minute of it but grew tired of it. I (regrettably) ended up selling it, and getting myself into a '01 2.5RS. That wasn't fast enough so I had Meyagi swap a WRX motor into it. Now it was fast enough but every 18yr old with a fart-canned civic was trying to race me, which isn't the sort of attention i was looking for. 

Looking for that balance of a great daily driver that can haul gear, but still be fast and fun, without drawing negative attention...

A Forester XT is the obvious choice.
default_smile.png

Picked it up a few months back from Kinetic Motorworks in NH. They've sold cars before in the past, but this is the first car they've ever sold with the intent of making that part of their business; acquiring a vehicle, putting it through their inspections and selling it as a "Kinetic Certified" vehicle. The car had literally just clicked over 100k miles, but was in absolutely great condition, with all of the maintenance and services already finished on it. New headgaskets, timing belt, new tires and on and on. It came loaded with the roof racks, tow package, gauge package, heated seats, etc.

Kinetic 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Not going to lie... I have a loaner right now that is a '13 Forester... Makes me almost want to build up an XT... Too bad the newer years are all automatic/CVT,
default_frown.gif

Welcome aboard!!

boxerboost

Not going to lie... I have a loaner right now that is a '13 Forester... Makes me almost want to build up an XT... Too bad the newer years are all automatic/CVT,
default_frown.gif

Welcome aboard!!
While I'm considering piecing together a 6-speed swap, my FXT is currently and auto and I have no qualms with it.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Old style foresters are perfect. Proper suspension, can be hotrodded out with a little drop. Great rigs that don't blow up like the new wrx's or LGTs

dsmith

default_frown.gif

Welcome aboard!!
I guess that the 2014 forester XT is going to be produced with MT's again. 

SoMeWRX

I guess that the 2014 forester XT is going to be produced with MT's again. 
Nope, still just a CVT but with the option of 6spd/8spd "manual mode."

Crummy, but they're going to cling to the CVT for mileage and more

engineering options with the drivetrain. Also no more hood scoop and back to a 2.0T. 28mpg though

boxerboost

I'm already bad at doing updates to this...

About two months ago, I had Meyagi install a VF34, STi Top Mount, NGK one-step plugs, Walboro pump, Worx BOV, Catless up-pipe and a Turbo Back exhaust.

After that:

Picked up some like-new condition BC Coilovers off Subarude, had Meyagi toss them in.

The ride's been a little rough during the winter...  I've got some serious beef with whomever plows Hollis... or doesn't plow it, however you wanna look at it.

No worried, dialed them to 8 clicks up from softest and it's been manageable until the roads settle back down.

Stock height:

580061_4015735964922_1556047200_n_zps4ec5fc00.jpg

Lowered: (will get a better pic later)

536981_4786724279148_184549029_n_zpsa258f085.jpg

Up next, some wheels, tint and a pro-tune. Awww yeahhhhhhhhh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back