Can anyone fix a 3 ton Floor Jack?

Gate4jg

I have a Craftsman 3 ton Aluminum Floor Jack (http://www.sears.com...=6&blockType=G6) that wont lift much anymore without a lot of effort. Its supposed to in 4 short pumps be fully extended under no load. Its not doing that anymore. What's worse I have to do long pumps to just barely move it an inch and it wont lift under any load. This isn't the first time this has happened. What I did to fix the problem the first time was to add more fluid and bleed it out. For awhile it worked fine but its now pulling the same poop again. Im guessing there is more to it than just low fluid. Its not worth bringing back to sears because its past the warranty and the price for a new hydraulic assembly costs almost as much as a new jack. But I was so annoying, sears sold me another one for almost nothing. I would like to have this one fixed so I can have two jacks on hand. Can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
that problem is pretty common with the sears jacks for some reason. it is most likely the seals in the cylinder.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
the simple fact that Sears sold you a new jack super cheap....ought to be a message in there somewhere

evidently you are not the first to encounter probs with Sears jacks??!!
default_cool.png

Iboc_C64

I use to work at sears about 10 years ago. It was a craftsman right? I think they are supposed to just replace it. It did use to happen quite often. I would never crawl under a vehicle with one of those holding it up and no jack stands as backup, that's for sure.

Iboc_C64

Well, Thier policy while I was there is that all hand tools have a lifetime warranty. I thought that extended to larger hand operated tools as well, maybe not anymore. They often replace entire socket sets, screwdriver sets, hammers, flashlights. All kinds of stuff. Generally if it wasn't electric, it was covered. Or at least it was at the Farmington Dealer Store (Franchise).

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
air tools, electric, hydraulic all have short warranties.

they have actually even stopped the warranty on the tape measures.

Matt

It's one year on air tools. Same as snap on and Mac. They actually don't swap out hand tools anymore, ratchets and such. I tried to return some broken stuff and they said no you'll have to wait over there while they just fix it. Straight swap for sockets.

Gate4jg

the simple fact that Sears sold you a new jack super cheap....ought to be a message in there somewhere

evidently you are not the first to encounter probs with Sears jacks??!!
default_cool.png
An expensive lesson learned... if the second one goes I am going to be in trouble. Hopefully by then I will have a car lift.

Last edited by a moderator:

-=Lobstah=-

there's a place in Harrison that can fix it for 25 bucks (last I checked). Had the same jack with the same problem. Cant remember the name of the place though, Tool Works or something of that sort

Gate4jg

there's a place in Harrison that can fix it for 25 bucks (last I checked). Had the same jack with the same problem. Cant remember the name of the place though, Tool Works or something of that sort

Thanks for the lead I am def going to check them out.

Latest posts

Back