Car Accident story, followed by question?

saabaru

This has not been my year with my car. Last fall got in an accident on 295, banged up side of car. Got all fixed, but the color was not right, still need to get it repainted. Then got my rear window smashed by someone who has nothing better to do. Then today coming home from work, get rear ended.

I was all excited to get out a bit early. This weekend is our daughters 1st birthday, so we are planning a simple party at the house. Cold cut sandwiches, salads, chips, simple stuff. So I called in an order of deli meats from Micucci's. (india st.) Picked them up, headed home to Scarborough. Sitting at the light of Rt 1 and Hannaford drive, I was the second car in. I see the dude coming, but thought he had plenty of time to stop, but he failed to use his brakes. Rear ended me, not too hard, but enough to jolt me, and whip forward.

The guy who hit me was a young 20-21 year old, all worried about insurance and getting kicked out of his Mom's house he wanted me to wait to call the insurance. Also, he mentioned that he thought he was dozing off. WTF.. I sympathized, but I needed to do what I needed to do. Call my insurance, they said I should call the cops, so I did that. Cop was great, and did not file a report. Anyways, not much damage, just bumper scratches. I think I am fine, neck a little stiff, but it could be from the stress thinking about the accident, and it could of been worse.

Question to all. What if my neck bothers me tomorrow, and in the future? Worried about it. Next week, car will get looked at and repaired ASAP...

CN- Got rear ended, worried about my neck, suggestions?

Nate

Founding Father
Having been rear ended this summer, I can sympathize. Sorry to hear.

First, if your neck is hurting, GO GET CHECKED OUT. You are always better off. Any one with insurance has bodily injury coverage, and you will be compensated. Not to mention with you going once right away, if things (pains and such) come back later its easier to prove you have something really going on if you've been to the hospital. Not that they can really fight it but it looks fishier if 3 weeks later you all of a sudden start needing treatment.

Second, sorry to say, but screw that kid. Do what you have to do, its not your fault he hit you. If he gets kicked off the insurance, then he might wanna not "nod off" next time.

And his Insurance company is going to try and contact you right away and get you PAID! they will wanna send you out a check to cover your injuries. DO NOT CASH THAT CHECK UNLESS YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY OTHER MEDICAL NEEDS. The check is a "settlement" check, and will state that it is final payment.

TheNailman

Warcock
go to the hospital!!!!!!!!! better safe than sorry. at least if something is wrong, you have it documented that you went right away.

saabaru

Thanks guys. I can move side to side, up down with out pain. But, if I wake up tomorrow and it is sore, hospital here I come. One thing I can say, glad I took control of the situation, and did what is supposed to be done. Insurance is there for a reason, my well being comes first...

Ryan

Go get checked out. Don't make the mistake I did. With my recent accident, I thought I was all fine and dandy, didn't get checked out at all, but about 2 weeks after the accident, I started to get migraines and really bad neck and back pain. Ended up having whiplash and lots of micro tears in my neck. The reason why you may think you're fine now is because your mind is on other things, but once those other things start to smooth out, you start to feel the symptoms. Good luck with everything, I know how you feel!

inski

<---same suggestions. Call the your doc and get permission to visit ER...or just go. Call car insurance folks after YOU (most important person) get checked out and inform them of whats happening to YOU.

F.everything else until you get checked and medicated and x-rayed

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
This has not been my year with my car. Last fall got in an accident on 295, banged up side of car. Got all fixed, but the color was not right, still need to get it repainted. Then got my rear window smashed by someone who has nothing better to do. Then today coming home from work, get rear ended. I was all excited to get out a bit early. This weekend is our daughters 1st birthday, so we are planning a simple party at the house. Cold cut sandwiches, salads, chips, simple stuff. So I called in an order of deli meats from Micucci's. (india st.) Picked them up, headed home to Scarborough. Sitting at the light of Rt 1 and Hannaford drive, I was the second car in. I see the dude coming, but thought he had plenty of time to stop, but he failed to use his brakes. Rear ended me, not too hard, but enough to jolt me, and whip forward.

The guy who hit me was a young 20-21 year old, all worried about insurance and getting kicked out of his Mom's house he wanted me to wait to call the insurance. Also, he mentioned that he thought he was dozing off. WTF.. I sympathized, but I needed to do what I needed to do. Call my insurance, they said I should call the cops, so I did that. Cop was great, and did not file a report. Anyways, not much damage, just bumper scratches. I think I am fine, neck a little stiff, but it could be from the stress thinking about the accident, and it could of been worse.

Question to all. What if my neck bothers me tomorrow, and in the future? Worried about it. Next week, car will get looked at and repaired ASAP...

CN- Got rear ended, worried about my neck, suggestions?
the neck stuff showing up later... not good.

there is also hiatus delays too when these symtpoms show up, keep a tall pillow under your head.

This is not even funny.

I got hit hard enough, I did not even know I needed police..in broad daylight, cumberland street bangor maine..rush hour..not one bit of common sense help nothing, and it turned to hit and run, and still no help.

3 months later it occured to me I am just way out to lunch, not even food eating was normal...like a memory chunk was missing.

Analyzing the car after immediate welding and hammering, (this happened in september) I noticed all the coins in the tray were exactly in the very back of the wagon...how hard of a hit was it?

keep that question in your head. I am serious.

I got screwed bad bad bad. No report was not a good idea. No mercy on any rear end hit, ever, let the kid get kicked out, or whatever the dumbass was complaining.

saabaru

Update. Dr said I should be fine, might take a few weeks to get the swellen down. As for the car, adjuster came Monday to check it out. About 600 worth of damage, and that is cause some of the scratches are deep.

Thanks all for suggesting I go to the Dr. I feel better knowing I went in case something were to come up later on..

blueoutback

same thing happed to me except i felt bed for the guy but at the same time i wanted to punch him in the mouth so i was like whatever and left cause my car was fine and i felt fine but i was soar the next day and pissed that i left the guy go so if u ever get rear ended trust me call the damn cops its so worth it

ShagginWagon

Glad to hear you're ok! Remember: that kid has insurance for a reason. Let the INS companies duke it our and get the car taken care of. Now that you're a daddy, you don't want to F' around with safety.

Kristof

Banned
600 that's all? what exactly was the damage? 600 seems low. dont let them low ball you is one part of a panel on the car had a dee gouge then make them pay to have the whole thign repainted so it looks proper. last thing you wont is new paint here and there so its obvious there was work done. alos make sure you get money for the value of your car goign down since it was in an accident. you need way more than 600 from this!!

saabaru

The deepest scratch was on the lower part of the bumber (which is black) And you can barely tell. As for the silver part of the bumper, most will buff right out.

Latest posts

Back