Car smokes like a banshee sometimes on deceleration

diabloadsit

Ok guys some of you my know I have been burning crap tons of oil lately. Car has been smokeing whenever I really get into her. Just started noticing something about a month ago. When I am in a decel stage of the car she throws a ton of smoke out of the exhaust. Happens most when I am in 3rd or 4th gear and let off the gas. Mostly once the car gets up to tempature.

Usually isn't smoke on decel pointing towards valve guide seals?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Usually isn't smoke on decel pointing towards valve guide seals?

yes, it's certainly a classic scenario. just be glad it's not an old 911 doing that...BTDT, it's a $10k plobrem on one-a them!

bad rings could also be the culprit...but didn't you eliminate rings as an issue? (sorry, din't follow your engine woes thread that closely)

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Im telling you man its the cyl 4 rings. Its the same thing that happened to me soon it will start stuttering under boost and will burn all your oil off within a few days

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I think with the money you have spent on oil over the past few months, you could have rebuilt the motor.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
diabloadsit gets the all time MS prize for "Best Long Term Denial Of A Cookeded Motor"

by the time he's done driving this car into the ground, it will need not only a new motor but refreshed muffler bearings and also fresh blinker fluid and most of all Some Suby Love. [[[rolleyes smileys go here]]]

internalcombust

I think I passed you today in topsham, I was in the silver forester xt. If that was you there was white smoke coming from your tailpipe the whole time you went by me. Not on off the throttle, just at cruising speed. That motor is not long for this world.

diabloadsit

diabloadsit gets the all time MS prize for "Best Long Term Denial Of A Cookeded Motor"
by the time he's done driving this car into the ground, it will need not only a new motor but refreshed muffler bearings and also fresh blinker fluid and most of all Some Suby Love. [[[rolleyes smileys go here]]]
LOL, LMAO. I wish you knew how much I laughed from this post Nigel.

To be honest I know my motor is toast I am just trying to justify spending the extra money and buying some valves, springs, and a rebuild on the heads along with a the rest of the money rebuild.

-=Lobstah=-

Just do it Chris, pull the motor and bring it to M&A. Tell your wife some russian dude mugged you and stole 2500 or whatever it costs for the repairs
default_additional_sillylol.gif

woodys77

I seen you drive by the shop (heard you first) and you killed every bug in town i think a jogger laid down after you drove by her. pull that friggn motor and fix man, shes fuct lol.

diabloadsit

LOL, Ok just talked to Rallispec and they have a awsome deal for a motor.

1) they have a brand new block

2) nitride crank 4th revision one. the one that isn't garbage.

3) Acl bearings all the way around

4) Manley H beam rods

5) Cosworth Pistons

All for $3k This is an awsome deal. Also called him back and he said shipping to here would be $85 which is good.

So I am looking about getting this block and buying the extra other things I need and go over to Lobstahs place and have him help me pull the motor and we do all the work. Saves me some money. Plus, I am going to try and get about $500 out of my old motor I pull out. Which the guy over at Rallispec said would sell for a heartbeat at $500 for a used shortblock. Guess people like the crank and rods out of these motors.

diabloadsit

I said the same thing. I guess they buy just the ej257 case then the crank seprate. Next they buy all the other stuff seperate and put it togeather themselve. He said they do this to cut down on the assy cost.

woodys77

Its legit! stimikey on nasioc is running the same block in his car. he kicks the crap out of it and also taught himself how to street tune it. we have been talking back and forth about it and from all he has to say i will def be buying a motor from them if/when mine throws in the towel (im going for a 7.4et 1/8th mile this summer so it might be soon).

diabloadsit

I have been talking to several people on iwsti.com and they have tons of praise for Rallispec ltd.

I just filled out for the money today so hopefully in a week or two I am putting the motor from them on order. I then am going to buy the other add on pieces and go from there. Not sure if I am going to try to tackle this with Lobstah or just still take it to M&A. I will have to see.

Woody. a 7.4 in a 1/8 is easy. Before I did a lot of my work on my car I ran a 7.9 1/8 mile. So I am sure now with my faster spolling setup and more power I could kick a 7.4 easy. Aim higher
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back