Catless Inspection Southern Maine

wrxxrally

I have a 06 wrx wagon(Mods: Stock intake, cat-back, accessport stage 1), i'm looking to run a catless downpipe with a pdx tune or a etune if anyone has suggestions for stage 2+ which might include a 3 port maybe and a up pipe or ewg setup for future big turbo . My question related to maintenance is where is a good shop to go to for a inspection sticker, i'm due for one in May but i'm looking for shop to pass me with a catless down pipe/primary cat still installed to resonate some of the noise and fuel. My car is all up to date maintenance wise. For the people running a cat less divorced pipe, how do you like it? and i believe a e tune should be fine instead of a OTS map for just going from catted to catless. Thankyou. By the way i am in Berwick, ME near portland, york county.

wrxxrally

Thanks im due for one in 2 months so i'm trying to get a connect on a good shop. I will keep them in mind! thank you and i know its not ethical too post publicly but theres a lot of members here running a catless down pipe who have face the same issue i'm sure. I decided to just go with a catted system instead because what i have read about boost creep or fume smell, this is my daily so i think ill just switch up to the invadia system. 

Last edited by a moderator:

roadtrip1098

Maybe not a great idea to post this type of thing publicly ......
^This^... Because then the State Police go online and look up catless Maine Inspections and this thread pops up, then the shop gets shut down. Now, I'm not saying I've done this, but theoretically what you COULD do is get a used catted aftermarket DP and bash the hell out of the cat on the inside until it all falls out, then install and either an O2 spacer or get a tune that shuts off that CEL. That way the inspection station wouldn't be able to pick it up and it wouldn't really be on the inspection station if you got caught running catless.  Note that I am not saying you should go and do this, because it would be against the law and all of us Subaru owners are morally upstanding individuals who respect the local law enforcement and follow the rules. I'm just saying.... .

SUBARUDE

There is so minamal gain by going catless I don't see why you guys do it and then hope to get a sticker later

wrxxrally

I was running behind a buddy today who is running a perrin catless down pipe and i smells to much like raw gas for my daily, i do a lot of driving between towns and after seeing a few vids, i think im going with a catted downpipe and a different catback, I want something more throaty and i have the cobb replica and it sounds good but wasn't what i was looking for. I only asked about catless because i thought id get a throatier sound but a different exhaust set up will give me what i want.

Latest posts

Back