Clark Turner tuning?

SoMeWRX

Hey all,

I am in the market for a custom tune with all the new goodies I have on order (TiaL EWG, Grimmspeed uppipe, Grimmspeed 3-port boost solenoid, and used STi TMIC). I have perused NASIOC and all the other forums thoroughly and I landed on this guys website. There seems to be a ton of guys who swear by Clark. Has anybody ever used one of his tunes? Heard any primary evidence either way?

Thanks!

Dylan

WashmyScooby

Too bad Alex won't give us a group rate if we bring a few cars down to be tuned (hint hint)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoMeWRX

Not a thing. Why not granite state??
I was not aware that they do tunes over email. I want to be able to install parts at my house and then tune it. I would rather not drive 2 hours on a bunch of bolt ons or pay someone else to work on my car.

Too bad Alex won't give us a group rate if we bring a few cars down to be tuned (hint hint)
See note to Matt above, but if they made it really worth it I would as they could dyno tune it which would be nice. I could always spend a morning installing stuff in the parking lot haha.

i had bren do mine. bit of a drive but worth it.
A senior member of this very forum scared me off of Bren tunes...

STi Chad

Bren tunes fail. Depending if ur using a accessport or a traxis cable Alex can def make it work. And email tunes suck. Every car is diff plus they are prob down south or out west and the airs diff there

SoMeWRX

Good point. I also want to be able to have a tune corrected or updated no matter where I am rather than having to drive to a certain tuner. Every time I throw on a new part I do not intend to drive to GSD for example.

STi Chad

Alex can do a lot over email. Mine refused to start the other day, one email later and it ran........just sayin

Carter

Administrator
I will be going to GSD at some point. I keep saying it like a broken record, but I will eventually.

Didn't we talk about this Dylan?!!

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
I know a bit about Clark and his tunes. Given my job this should probably stay here, but Ive been less then impressed. Hes a pompous ......... and thinks hes gods gift to Subaru. He cannot ever drop a grudge (never one with me personally) and I personally find his posts unprofessional and cocky. I dont know any of the other people mentioned, but I think you cant go wrong staying somewhat local.

edited: watch the language guys.

SoMeWRX

I will be going to GSD at some point. I keep saying it like a broken record, but I will eventually.

Didn't we talk about this Dylan?!!
Haha yes we have talked about this...over and over and over. Get you ass in gear and lets go down there in the next few weeks then! I will have all the parts to install by the end of next week, maybe he can email me a tune to drive down there on. When are you ready to do this?

And with Bill that makes three cars to tune...Maybe find one more then call Alex?

WashmyScooby

Haha yes we have talked about this...over and over and over. Get you ass in gear and lets go down there in the next few weeks then! I will have all the parts to install by the end of next week, maybe he can email me a tune to drive down there on. When are you ready to do this?

And with Bill that makes three cars to tune...Maybe find one more then call Alex?

I just need a few days notice so i can install all my goodies and I'm down. Didn't Brian (WRXJunky) want to get a tune done too?

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
Gee, a GSD customer spreading rumors about us - never seen that before. We've tuned a lot of cars on this site to great success including one of the owners - if someone has an issue I would clearly like to fix it or make right on it. We've tuned over 300 cars last year and never got one compliant.

Anyways, Clark is an excellent tuner - some may find his personality hard to deal with but do what he says and he is one of the best.

Personally having a car dialed in and touched by hand in person once allows the tuner to do so much more (especially on a dyno, and troubleshoot potential issues and weaknesses.) From there updating via email is a good idea. A practice we do with almost all of our customers who update frequently.

gakosaurusrex

had brens tune for over 6 months no problems at all! great team to work with willing to give advice about anything and very nice! no boost cranking like xpt no over boost in 4th &5th gear like tunes from some other senior member on this site...

wrbwrx

i say go to GSD, Alex sent me a email tune to just run my car somewhat safe down to see him for my tune. He was very professional and did get work, about a month after i ran into a problem got a CEL, emailed alex where we figured it out, sent me the same tune with the problem fixed, updated it with my AP, then from there i ran into another problem, emailed alex again who was actually on vacation at the time i believe and he fixed it and sent it back to me with in a day..... NO problems since and i will be going back to see him again in the future...and to help me as quick as he did while on vacation that's great customer service
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back