CMC Autocrosses

Tyler

Is there an easy way to sign up for these events prior to the day of, or is it easier to just sign up that morning?

EvilAsPie

okee, there may be 3 newbz racing the last event :eek:ccasion14:
Sweet! Not that i wont be running around with my head cut off as usual, but grab me at some point. i like riding and giving pointers.

Plan to show up at 8am at the latest. This will give you plenty of time to sign up, get the car ready, tech, walk, etc. Make sure brakes are good and batteries a secure.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
okee, there may be 3 newbz racing the last event :eek:ccasion14:
Sweet! Not that i wont be running around with my head cut off as usual, but grab me at some point. i like riding and giving pointers.

Plan to show up at 8am at the latest. This will give you plenty of time to sign up, get the car ready, tech, walk, etc. Make sure brakes are good and batteries a secure.
evil, give good pointers and loves to ride along.

katnip

evil and akina you both rode with me at an event this year, right? wanna hear somethin' really funny? Al tells me last weekend that I installed the rear swaybar incorrectly (endlinks down, rather than up) thus rendering the swaybar useless, like it wasn't even hooked up. :BangHead: :BangHead: imaging what I could do with it installed properly. explains A LOT of the tail happiness!

akinaspeedstar

really? when we were looking at your rear end at storyland....er..... that doesn't sound right...... when we were under the car we didn't notice. i figured that the tail happiness was just the only thing the car knew so it just did more of the same.

well are you coming to the mall? and seeing what it can really do?

katnip

really? when we were looking at your rear end at storyland....er..... that doesn't sound right...... when we were under the car we didn't notice. i figured that the tail happiness was just the only thing the car knew so it just did more of the same.

well are you coming to the mall? and seeing what it can really do?
nope, was gonna work on the valve cover gaskets this weekend, but now found the head gasket is also leaking. Son of a bitch :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

EvilAsPie

Kat, i'm pretty sure i looked under your car at SL and your sways looked good. But not since then.

Whenever you jack your car up and the suspension goes to it full extension there is always a change that the endlinks with flip down while putting the car back down. This may have even happened at the end of the day at the last AX.

Bummer about the HG. But better to do it now while you got her apart. Have fun!

Tyler

I'm excited :thumbsup: anything I should do beforehand? I'm not going to do an alignment or anything, I just want to come check it out .. but anything to prep for it? I'm planning on showing up at 8, is that too late/early? And afterwards, what would you reccomend ... oil change?

Ty Ty

Whenever you jack your car up and the suspension goes to it full extension there is always a change that the endlinks with flip down while putting the car back down. This may have even happened at the end of the day at the last AX.
Well that doesn't sound like a very good design...

EvilAsPie

I'm excited :thumbsup: anything I should do beforehand? I'm not going to do an alignment or anything, I just want to come check it out .. but anything to prep for it? I'm planning on showing up at 8, is that too late/early? And afterwards, what would you reccomend ... oil change?
8 is good.

Empty your car out as much as before the event because it will have to be completely empty before you race. If you haven't done an oil change in a while it might be a good idea to do it before sunday. Otherwise i wouldn't worry about it after, again unless it's due. I would check all your fluids though before.

Other major thing is you battery has to be held in tight. You really don't want anything in or on the car that could slide around. There are lots of people there with tire pumps that would help you add a little more air to your tires.

Should be fun rain or shine!

Trainable

Also it is a great idea to bring a plastic bin to store your crap in to both keep it dry and make transferring it in/out of the car easier.

katnip

Well that doesn't sound like a very good design...
no but he is right and I thought about that. It may have happened one of the numerous times I have jacked the car up :BangHead:

EvilAsPie

But i also don't think it would make the sway bar not function. Even with the end link flopped down they are still connecting that lateral link to the frame. I think it probably just puts more strain on the links. And the kartboys can take it!

Latest posts

Back