cobb turbo-back, do i need gaskets?

XDIRTYX

so i ordered a turbo-back and the downpipe had no gaskets and the exhaust only had one. am i going to need more? i asked the place i ordered it from and they said i would not need any more? im going to go start it and see what happens...
default_eek.gif

Nate

Founding Father
i used new gaskets with my stage 2 install. at least a turbo to downpipe gasket. what did it come with? what are you doing for tuning?

Ryan

so i ordered a turbo-back and the downpipe had no gaskets and the exhaust only had one. am i going to need more? i asked the place i ordered it from and they said i would not need any more? im going to go start it and see what happens...
default_eek.gif
I would definitely replace the DP to turbo gasket, and also the Donut gasket from the DP to the catback with OEM gaskets.

XDIRTYX

the exhaust had 2 gaskets i just didnt see the 2nd one. as far as using new turbo to dp and donut for dp to exhaust, i only have 3000 miles on my car and they look fine so ill try it and hope its fine. undoing the turbo buts were a b****. i cant imagine doing it with any miles on it!

TheNailman

Warcock
yea, its hairy once the car has some life to it. the studs have a nasty habit of backing out of the turbo.

check your gaskets well. if they look ok, then go ahead and throw them back on. if not, spend the extra couple bucks and grab some fresh ones.

you're gonna love the cobb.

XDIRTYX

how centered does the donut gasket between the dp and the exhaust have to be? the passenger side has a 3 or 4 quarter gap where the left side is touching? either the dp is crooked or i just dont know why its not working
default_biggrin.png

XDIRTYX

finished about 330am everything seems to be fine, drove it about a mile before i went to bed. also the donut gasket evened out some after i took the car off the jack stands, i didnt have the car jacked up evenly so i think that's why it was lopsided. sounds awesome btw!
default_cool.png
now when i get on it, it sounds like a scooby !
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back