Custom made AVCS wrench. Heck yeaa.

diabloadsit

Well I was gearing up for my engine rebuild and heard the avcs cams have a special wrench that cost $300 bucks if you want one. So a buddy of mine Sergei is rebuilding some motors right now and had a AVCS cam lying around. So what I did was using the inside nubbs I know have a wrench I designed to grab ahold of inside the gear so you dont ruin the teeth and can still get at the 10mm Allen bolt in the middle of the cam. Cut the 1/4 steel on a laser then welded the handle and the tooth piece togeather. Clean up the welds on a sand wheel and they just came off the powder coat line like 5 mins ago. Ended up powder coating them in a textered oxford gray. Here are the pics tell me what you guys think. I have 3 of these things made up.One for meOne for Sergei(lobstah)One for a auto shop of my choice. I did promise one to Jodi at Rallspec ltd.soo....

-=Lobstah=-

Looks sweet. We'll put her to the test next week. See if she can hold up to the bolt that's torqued to 1,000,000 ft/lbs
default_smile.png

diabloadsit

lol, 1 billion ft/lbs muhhaaaa. We got some good welds on it with some good penetration so I think she will hold just fine. If not we have 2 more. LOL.

diabloadsit

Ok so this wrench is now being dubbed V1 Spec. I am now making V2.She will rock some new things. -thinker Cam lob rings. Instead of 1/4 inch CRS. I am doing 1/2 CRS to give more holding power. -Hole at the end of the handle for a place to hang it easier-Going to round the edges of the handle out and hope to powder coat these in Flat Black. Also, going to see if I can find some big Shrink wrap tubing so fit over the big handle to make it soft to handle. Lobstah will get a V2 for sure. Does anyone know of anyone that has a 08+ AVCS cam? In 08 they changed the AVCS cam to a diffrent indexing for the lobs. So this wrench is only good on a 07 and below AVCS cam.

Latest posts

Back