Custom Painted 02 WRX Wheels, With or Without Graspic DS3's

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
I'm kinda bored with these already, so I'm looking to unload them, and I'll be running a different sized snow tire this winter anyway, so they are up for grabs.   Tires are 205/55/16 and have about 1500-2000 Winter miles on them, and are all worn evenly.  Easily have 2 winters left on them.  Wheels were sanded, primed, sealed, and painted professionally, and have about 4 layers of clear on them.  Will seperate :)

I'm thinking 500$ or best reasonable offer.  I WILL accept offers.  Will also consider trades torwards parts for the FXT.  (Downpipes, Up-pipes, Accessport, or Catback's, STi/FXT fitment Sway Bars, Short Shifters, are really all I'm looking for at this point)

IMG_20121019_092532.jpg

IMG_20121017_135836.jpg

IMG_20121016_195401.jpg

IMG_20121015_211511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

oh5xt

Would u be interested in 05 FXT wheels with hankook k106 tires? The tires have 400 miles them and I was gonna paint the wheels gunmetal. I also have eBay strut tower braces I would throw into too. It's a long shot but let me know

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Hmmm...What size are the tires?  I quite literally JUST painted my stockers and put brand new 225/50/16 Nitto NT450's (VERY Similar Tread Pattern) on them like 3 weeks ago.  I don't even think I have that many miles on mine haha. 

greenwheels.jpg

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
I'll honestly think about it, but it's doubtful, since I have pretty much the exact same thing already.  I wouldn't mind having another set of FXT wheels, simply for the correct offset, but I def don't have use for those tires.  I can at least use what I've got if I need too, ya know?  Thanks for the offer sir!  (I'm really trying to get more money for an AP and UP/DP

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
No sir, professional paint, just like the ones I'm selling. :)  It's kinda my thing.  I've done 3 sets now, my first set was Sonic Blue, then I did the ones at the top, and then I did the green ones a few weeks back :)  

Ray

The Northernah'
looks great! What gun do you use? I have a devilbiss and im thinking about doing some rims gold with it soon!

sorry for the hijack!

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Just as a note, these require an incredible amount of time in sanding and preperation for paint.  I've easily got 2-3 hours each wheel in just sanding.  They were all pretty rough and pitted when I started, and they all had to be done by hand.  Then time and materials for paint add up too. If I didn't have a friend with a body shop, and a very small budget for "Custom" wheels, I'd much rather just buy a set I liked.  :)

looks great! What gun do you use? I have a devilbiss and im thinking about doing some rims gold with it soon!

sorry for the hijack!
No worries at all.  He uses a Sata gun I believe.  I do all the prep, and he usually sprays the color/clear for me, since I'm rather keen on having an excellent finished product! :)   They are done in a vented booth as well.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Northernah'
Ive done a lot of rims before haha ive got a media blaster i was thinking about using on a low PSI setting to get the paint off, and I know paints expensive but when its done right it looks so good!

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
I would use soda if I were going to go that route. I've done a bunch of them in my time, and the sanded finish looks 1000x better.  I only went down to 320/400 on all of the rims.  Getting the flaking factory coat off is the hard part, and the sandpaper will allow you to smooth down the transitions so it's not as noticeable.  The color looks pretty narly in that picture, but honestly, when the sun isn't on em, it's not nearly as vivid.  The blue set I did, and sold to WRBTank are below :)

greenwheels2.jpg

bluewheels.jpg

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Hahaha, that's only come to me with age friend :)  I've had enough hoopties, a long time ago, I decided if I was going to tackle something, I was going to do it correctly.  Doesn't really help with resale (I took a HUGE loss on Snowball) but at least I know that what I touched was right, and I feel comfortable putting my kids in.  

Latest posts

Back