Did The VIP Lounge Die

Nate

Founding Father
Think how I feel.... Im still actively trying to grow this place. But it's hard to do this all alone, especially since he left me in the middle of a forum upgrade.

TheNailman

Warcock
i left an open ended joke in the nsfw joke thread almost 2 weeks ago. no bites
default_confused.gif

LGHT SBR

Carter is a moron and has stop updating the forum. Im trying to teach myself to run this forum to make small changes.
As for adding pics, Werent you just hosting them and adding a link in the "
" brackets?
um no. I was "replying to thread and using photobucket or imgur to upload the pic from my hard drive and then copy pasta the code to the reply box. Now I use the option given to add pic from my computer and all it does is say attachment 1234 or whatever that pics number was. If I use the "go advanced way it will down load the pic, but any gif pics will not be a moving pic. Like I said, doesn't work as it did before. So are we also not allowed to swear at all on here now?

wzrd

So am i reading this right.Carter has withdrawn from the site? doesn't he still own half and have all the admin buttons and options at his disposal?....Sounds like a coup is forming

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
What is it that needs doing?

Except for not being able to ****ing swear it all works for me.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
So am i reading this right.Carter has withdrawn from the site? doesn't he still own half and have all the admin buttons and options at his disposal?....Sounds like a coup is forming
Is Topdeeni taking over
default_frown.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
If you give me Carter's login name and password I'll see what I can do for the site!

Nate

Founding Father
WHOA fellas. No coup is starting. Carter has just had some stuff going on in his life (we all have this from time to time) but it has taken him away from this site. It has put a HUGE load on me, especially because he chose to (without telling me) just disapear right in the middle of this forum change over.

As stated in other places the new forum software is not done catching up yet. The ability to let the swear filter be lifted in this forum and not any other forum was a "plug-in". Those plugins are not working for the new VB4 yet.

Topdeeni is definitely not taking over the site. This place isn't going anywhere. Dont for one second think I'm ok with being left high and dry so to speak. But it is what it is. I still remain commited to this place. And dispite whats happening Im still dedicated to growing this place. Im just having to work twice as hard. Its keeping me on this place at a bare minimum of 5 hrs a day EVERY day.

Please have patients, and work with some of the changes. Dont get disgruntled when you cant swear, or something isn't in where it was before. Just know that its going a bit slower right now with only one person.

Now, Scott. If you were using imgur, or photo bucket to host pics, and pasting a code....Then continue doing so. It should not be any different. Do not use the attach a file. We (I) chose to keep it to a low file size because we dont wanna host the pictures for everyone. Its easy enough for you to host them yourself. And it keeps the load off our server.

LGHT SBR

Thanks Nate, as you have already seen in the lounge, I messed with it a bit more and figured it out. Tell Carter, I hope things get better for him.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nate, I think it would be a good idea to post something about this in the open forum, to let EVERYONE know that things are still progressing, just slowly due to being alone in the battle. It's kinda obvious that some have not taken to the changes, and it seems like there has been less activity here lately, and seems to co-inside with the changes that were made here. I still like this place and visit here daily, and understand that you are having a rough go of it, and it's too bad that you are goin at it alone!!!! I do nominate 987687 to help out!!! He knows his stuff and is very trustworthy, so take advantage of his offer!! Keep up the good work Nate!!!

Nate

Founding Father
Well I will say that before I make any announcements, I need to figure out whats going on for sure. Im 200% frustrated, but I'm not in the business of just jumping the gun and bad mouthing him without warning. But your right, the membership deserves to know. Hes been ignoring this, and I guess its time for me to address the issue with him directly.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Take it up with him. I help take care of another forum, and it is hard when something goes on with family or whatever to keep up with the forum. So I can see where he's coming from.

But I will help if you need, I have experience with other forums, so the software on here can't be to much different. And thank you Jason for a kind word!

Back