Divorced Downpipe?

TheNailman

Warcock
ok, whats the deal? better than bellmouth? worse? i wanna know the real deal, not the wikipedia definition.

flush please

seph

royal flush?

180px-Cards_royalflushhearts.jpg

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
come on, keep it on topic.

I have been told that the belmouth is only a bennefit if you are going for Huge HP. talking 400+HP.

If I were you, I would be going for the best deal I can find. The other thing is I think you can fit the stock heat sheild back over most of the divorced pieces.

Trainable

Planning on beefing up the WRX already? >
default_wink.png

+1 on just get the best deal you can.

Short answer about the same.

The issue is the divorced setups can't separate the 2 exhaust flows effectively enough to show any major gains over the bellmouth setups.

Stay away from divorced setups that meet up early, bellmouths that have a sudden change in size, and catted ones where the cat is far up stream. The quality of the piece will make more difference than the style and even that will make almost no difference.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
but whatever you do, get it ceramic coated and then do some header wrap before you install it. It will help with the heat retention, and keep it from adding to the hot air under the hood.

it's not that much more to do that.

mikebike357

From my limited research into the difference... the divorced separates the exhaust flow from the wastegate vs. the exhaust from the turbo and reduces turbulence right behind the turbo which, in effect, increase performance.

Here's a quick link I found:

http://www.egansworld.com/oldsite/VDP.html

The other thing you can do is get a divorced setup that merges the wastegate exhaust AFTER a highflow cat. There are a slew of variations and even move opinions on which is better. Price is probably the best factor to consider as you probably won't notice the difference between a divorced & bellmouth. Just adding any aftermarket DP (or even gutting your stock DP) is a great improvement.

jmailhot

I think these guys did a fine job answering your question. I would just like to point you to more information to help you make a decision. log onto Nasioc, and find Unabomber's Manifesto it is a sticky in several forums and he has a Downpipe FAQ, that along with all his FAQ's are very informative

Latest posts

Back