DIY REQUEST THREAD

4WRXter

Skier!
so, does anyone know someone who does sand blasting for cheap? or should I just sand the hell out of them?
I have always just sanded the wheels that I have painted. I also have always primed them with self-etching primer. I figure if they get dinged, it's pretty easy to re-spray. Just my opinion.

oh5xt

I did one about a year ago, it came out good and ran it for about 7 months until a wild turkey took it out! I plasti dipped my original grille and put it back in, I doesn't look to bad.
qe5uvure.jpg

i-wagon

I can tell you the simple version of fogs on with high/park

Locate fog light relay

Decipher which pin is the input to switch it on

Bend that pin around so you can attach a female slide connector with it still plugged in.

Find a wire that's always energized when parking lights are on I used the illumination wire from my radio wiring harness

Attach that write to that pin on relay

Profit?

gakosaurusrex

that's an ok way but I want it to work with the stock switch/light in dash. I haven't had time to open her up and figure out if the circuit is a sink or source, dependent on that is how easy it will be. thanks for your two cents any other outlook other then mine will help.

apkarian100

Vendor
that's an ok way but I want it to work with the stock switch/light in dash. I haven't had time to open her up and figure out if the circuit is a sink or source, dependent on that is how easy it will be. thanks for your two cents any other outlook other then mine will help.
I'll be doing Jamey's independent fog lights tomorrow. I'd be happy to do your parking light switched fog lights. Send me a PM if interested.

i-wagon

Anyone know of a write up for emergency brake shoe change on gd imp? If so plz post thread

i-wagon

Probably, need time to look at them. Something in the e brake creaks when I get in and out of the car

boxerboost

A while back I had seen a really well done picture of a subaru that removed their spare tire and custom cut a foam insert for their tools, some tire patches, compressor, etc.. but now I can't find it to save my life.

Does anyone remember seeing this and have a picture or links by chance?

Visonik

i'd like to get a tutorial on smoking taillights. i know nicklepage does it quite often. i'm not terrible with a spray can, but i have issues with wet sanding and anything else involving making the finish smooth and glossy
Not sure if you got a posting for this yet. I did my tails smoked. I kept mine a flatter looking black instead of glossy. I don't have any pictures other than before and after, but I can post a write up if you need one.

Jace

Post a Mod or Maintenence that you'd like to get a DIY for and hopefully one of our expeert DIYers can get something going!
I have a 97 Forrester. Front struts need to be replaced, but I'm gonna do so 4 tires. I heard that I can struts from other subaru vehicles that will fit my 97 Forester and give me a tighter suspension and possibly lower it some. Could somebody point me in the right direction. I've replaced struts on other vehicles, and it was always simple. So I'm wanting to do this myself. Any advice would be appreciated

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 97 Forrester. Front struts need to be replaced, but I'm gonna do so 4 tires. I heard that I can struts from other subaru vehicles that will fit my 97 Forester and give me a tighter suspension and possibly lower it some. Could somebody point me in the right direction. I've replaced struts on other vehicles, and it was always simple. So I'm wanting to do this myself. Any advice would be appreciated
Good luck with that - and yes some struts can be used on different rides.

Latest posts

Back