Does anyone care that I have a saab?

saabaru

How about this, I had to replace my front badge after it peeled off.

BlackGriffin.jpg

Tan Man

How about this, I had to replace my front badge after it peeled off.
BlackGriffin.jpg

Wow i love the fact that it's black!
default_rolleyes.gif
where did you get that?! i'll take mine off even though its in good condition. that is so cool:wh:

What a great idea!
default_idk.gif

Tan Man

Oh and you guys would never believe this.. I can not get my lug bolts off even after I went to a tractor trailer place and they used a 3/4" gun which is used on the large mack trucks. I got home and they still wouldn't budge. Not one!!! So frustrating:rant:. I just wanted to paint my calipers red and my lug bolts(not nuts) black. It is so angering i just want to throw the tire iron through the windshield. Please help.
default_additional_spin.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
time to break out the Red Wrench (propane torch) and heat them suckas up til they let go. need to make a heat shield around the lugs so's you don't cook the paint/clearcoat on the wheelz tho

when u replace lug bolts, USE NEVR-SIEZE or else.......

GClark

Make sure you do a lot of prep for the calibers or they wont come out they way you want them to. But for the lug bolts, another impact gun? I have one, Ill call my dad if you want to borrow it.

Tan Man

Make sure you do a lot of prep for the calibers or they wont come out they way you want them to. But for the lug bolts, another impact gun? I have one, Ill call my dad if you want to borrow it.

I've had a 18 wheeler repair shop use a 3/4" gun and finally got them off. Yet I just got home and NONE of them will budge. It's ridiculous. I'd use heat but I have chrome wheels. I'll look into the Never-Seize, but what will I do even if THAT doesn't work?
default_additional_sillylol.gif
Thanks for the help guys.

GREASEMONKEY

--Powered By A.D.H.D.--
I've had a 18 wheeler repair shop use a 3/4" gun and finally got them off. Yet I just got home and NONE of them will budge. It's ridiculous. I'd use heat but I have chrome wheels. I'll look into the Never-Seize, but what will I do even if THAT doesn't work?
default_additional_sillylol.gif
Thanks for the help guys.
take it from a 120 pound tech, you might just need more leverage i tend to use what i call a cheater bar for these problems. i have an old 3 1/2 foot old jack handle that i slide over the wrench i am using and give it all heck. if you do get them out it might be a good idea to run a tap threw the threads and check your lug bolts for swelling and don't forget to never seize every thing including the lug holes in the rims.

good luck

Tan Man

take it from a 120 pound tech, you might just need more leverage i tend to use what i call a cheater bar for these problems. i have an old 3 1/2 foot old jack handle that i slide over the wrench i am using and give it all heck. if you do get them out it might be a good idea to run a tap threw the threads and check your lug bolts for swelling and don't forget to never seize every thing including the lug holes in the rims.
good luck
Thanks. I'll take that advice when I go back to the 18 wheeler place. Last time i used a big leverage bar i broke 3 craftsmen socket wrenhes and cracked one socket itself. I should probably put new lugs in but i was thinking that i could just never seize them like you said and hand tighten them so that they stay loose enough for me to take off anytime. Thanks for all the ideas and please keep them coming:banana:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Thanks. I'll take that advice ... i could just never seize them like you said and hand tighten them so that they stay loose enough for me to take off anytime. Thanks for all the ideas and please keep them coming:banana:
check the Sob um I mean Saab manual for lug bolt torque spec. many tire places over-torque lugs to a ridiculous degree. you may well be suffering this plobrem

Saabs don't need Kenworth torque to keep de wheeLz on!

Tan Man

check the Sob um I mean Saab manual for lug bolt torque spec. many tire places over-torque lugs to a ridiculous degree. you may well be suffering this plobrem
Saabs don't need Kenworth torque to keep de wheeLz on!

ha thanks. I hand tightened them myself so they come off easier now. Tomorrow i'm going to paint my calipers red. Any paint suggestions??? I know i should probably use a heat reisitant paint but i don't know too much else.

GREASEMONKEY