does anyone have an sti or wrx with a bigger turbo they could take me for a spin

patsti

NitrousFed
again why is everyone against me getting this turbo? I have driven my car as is and its not enough for me. I do rip backroads but i need more pull. If i can slide it now and not loose it why can I do it with 70- 80 more hp? I think it will actually be easier to get it to do what i want. (man i guess i shouldnt tell you that a 80 20 dif is in the plan as well)

there is a post on here about someone wanting a 20g and everyone was for it. For those who dont know a FP green is a modded 20g that's good for a little more power with slower spoolup. Why is no one against that? Just a question.

Evan is building a 2.0 head to 2.5 block with a rotated turbo (look out).

I guess you guys are going to have to take my word for it but i haven't crashed my 300whp sti yet (broke the rear struts, rims, and dented a few exhaust) how many of you can say you drive your car that hard?

Kathy my car does lots of dirt, look at my pics of the winter setup that's how it usually looks, my dirt tires are just shot and my rims are done so now i have a clean summer car for my bi weekly trips to boston untill the winter comes. I will put the winter setup back on and have a detuned map and maybe keep the stock turbo to swap in and out here and there. Iam going to get sick of the lag and want something different Iam sure.

Runnah

Dude, you are well on your way to becoming a statistic.

You need to seriously get a reality check, you're driving a high powered car, with an over confident attitude and ZERO professional training!

You do know that WRC cars only top out at 300hp? They have FULLY caged cars, HANS system, helmet, fire suits, crash resistent fuel cells. Not to mention DECADES of PROFESSIONAL training and racing under thier belts.

Despite all that they still crash and occasionally die.

Don't put another dime into that car until you get some training or at least go to a few Auto/rally-x events.

I don't mean to sound like a douche but c'mon, get the ego in check and keep it on the track.

Runnah

again why is everyone against me getting this turbo? I have driven my car as is and its not enough for me. I do rip backroads but i need more pull. If i can slide it now and not loose it why can I do it with 70- 80 more hp? I think

patsti

NitrousFed
lmk if you guys want a ride when its done, Ill try not to crash! thanks for the help. Everyone remember dont put an intake or exhaust on your car because you wont be able to handle the new found power. Iam dont have a huge ego.The issue is that someone who never met me will start a rant telling me I cant drive and everyone will go along with it. You dont know who Iam and should just not worry about it. I have never questioned Nigels ability to teach at rally school and he should not worry about me since iam not the last guy who mommy and daddy bought an sti. Maybe I should get an EVO at least they are mod friendly.

I will do the next auto x and we will see maybe ill suck or maybe ill flip the car or maybe just maybe Ill have an energy drink or two. But i do know Ill have a 400+hp car tires are going to be expensive

patsti

NitrousFed
Iam talking about closed roads. I dont usually race on public roads. Logging roads and old mountain roads. sorry for the confusion that's what i mean when i say backroads. I dont drift going down rt 9

Ty Ty

Iam talking about closed roads. I dont usually race on public roads. Logging roads and old mountain roads.
Do you have a cop standing at both ends keeping traffic off? If not, those aren't closed roads.

patsti

NitrousFed
its a single cab diesel 2500 with an 8ft bed and a large refer box on the back to toat clams around in. Can i use it?

patsti

NitrousFed
the truck has a small amount of body roll around corners and is heavy in the back. the engine has lots of torque but is slow picking up. tends to slide well if pushed. tires are highway econo models burn really well. there are some hot decals of a lobster on the sides. will they let me race this? if so whos gonna bet me.

Ty Ty

Someone might let you rallycross it, but those autox people strike me as being rather strict about high COG vehicles.

ralli

I have never autocrossed. And my car will have a shit ton of lag. But Ill be there. You guys can take it out if you dont do any clutch drops (I see that going soon even though its a stage 4). Maybe give me 2 auto x to get used to the cones. But it will be a blast and its not going to be crashed. Iam going to put a roll cage, built block and more this winter(once i sell my gixxer). and it will no longer be a dd car going to get a wrx wagon or something.
I'm sure that thing will be a blast to autox.. even with all the lag.... especially if you get out on a course that you can open it up a little :)

I'm glad that you will be there though. I'm willing to give you 2 events.. If you can make it to Orono, that last weekend was pretty open and fast, so that might be a good one for you!!

Roll cage is a good idea, as long as you wear a helmet when you drive it :) You should just get a tow vehicle to DD and then tow that beast around!!!!

ralli

Someone might let you rallycross it, but those autox people strike me as being rather strict about high COG vehicles.
Some trucks have been allowed to participate as long as they aren't jacked up....

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Hey Pat, just so you know, Nigel has given almost everyone on this forum crap about not going to school. You weren't being singled out.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
again why is everyone against me getting this turbo? I have driven my car as is and its not enough for me. I do rip backroads but i need more pull. If i can slide it now and not loose it why can I do it with 70- 80 more hp? I think it will actually be easier to get it to do what i want. (man i guess i shouldnt tell you that a 80 20 dif is in the plan as well)

there is a post on here about someone wanting a 20g and everyone was for it. For those who dont know a FP green is a modded 20g that's good for a little more power with slower spoolup. Why is no one against that? Just a question.

Evan is building a 2.0 head to 2.5 block with a rotated turbo (look out).

I guess you guys are going to have to take my word for it but i haven't crashed my 300whp sti yet (broke the rear struts, rims, and dented a few exhaust) how many of you can say you drive your car that hard?

Kathy my car does lots of dirt, look at my pics of the winter setup that's how it usually looks, my dirt tires are just shot and my rims are done so now i have a clean summer car for my bi weekly trips to boston untill the winter comes. I will put the winter setup back on and have a detuned map and maybe keep the stock turbo to swap in and out here and there. Iam going to get sick of the lag and want something different Iam sure.

I dont think anybody is against you getting anything for your car. Nigel simply suggested you get some driver training (he is a race driving instructor) the training is not only uber informative, but loads of fun.

The wager over a Monster was only to get you out and put the car through it's paces at an autoX.

No one is getting on your case about the mods, only that you proclaimed that you are a professional driver. I have been racing for years, I have AutoX'ed RallyX'ed, Circle track, and I drive a support truck at the New England Rallies (rally car recovery at high speed). I still get people to ride with me and instruct. There are always new things to learn.

in fact I know a lot of people that are faster w/o mods than many people with tons of mods. There is also the aspect of not tearing up the mechanicals with the way you drive the car.

Nigel was only offering another way to get the speed out of your system and learn a thing or two in the meantime.

Rightseat

I dont think anybody is against you getting anything for your car. Nigel simply suggested you get some driver training (he is a race driving instructor) the training is not only uber informative, but loads of fun.

Nigel was only offering another way to get the speed out of your system and learn a thing or two in the meantime.
pat, the question of driver software development vs car hardware development is much larger than just about you and what you want to do to your particular car. you are most definitely not the only enthusiast who's run into this. it's so easy to think that you're in control, or at least be somewhat comfortable with being out of control now & then. this is natural part of the learning curve!

this discussion is NOT about you being a shit driver with too many mods on the car. you've obviously thought things through pretty thoroughly and have a goal in mind. my point is, don't neglect your own development as a driver in the process of making your car faster. you can only teach yourself so much, and then you need input from the outside.

many of the techniques of managing a turbo AWD car at the edges of adhesion---whether on tarmac, gravel, snow/ice or a dragstrip--are counter-intuitive and are best learned in controlled conditions. believe me it's cheaper and safer that way.

my race team partner and I started rallying years ago. the time and money we spent for driver training early on was hands-down the most cost-effective route to better results. more consistent finishes. fewer crashes, less mechanical trouble etc etc. we are now a self-funded team who builds our own rally cars and are competitive at a national level, regulalrly spanking teams with much more lavish budgets. we have a lot of experience, and are pleased to share. if people want to listen, fine. if not, they will go their own route and learn their own way.

relax, there's no need to be defensive and feel attacked. Shorty is right, I've often been after ppl on this board to remember their own training as drivers while they are working to mod their cars. you are not getting singled out for special treatment!

one thing we always say at the driving school'--"we can teach you good techniques, but we CAN'T teach you good judgement." that part is up to you.
default_frown.gif

Latest posts

Back