Does anyone know...

Devon

They sold my car to an auction before i could find a ride to get my mudflaps off.

I seriously ha them on my car for one day. I got them for quite a bit of money for someone my age too.

How do i figure out where/ an if i can even get them back???

an im losing my license after xmas.... what a wonderful freaking day.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you are SOL. You no longer own the car or anything in/on it. The best you could do would be to call the ins company and plead your case with them. but I wouldn't wait long.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
sorry but it's 97% likely those flaps are already long gone. even if you could find out where the car went, it now has new owners who already bought the car and all that was on it at time of sale.

suckage all around.
default_wink.png

Devon

They just sold the car to an auto place an hour ago... i called to see if i could get them back, he said he sold it to an auction when he didn't and now the cops are involved. I dont understand how because all i did was call to ask him about the mudflaps.

Iboc_C64

Losing your license, now they are looking in to your inqueries and getting involved without them asking you to. Sounds to me like they've got thier eye on you, be careful.

Stein

Stein
Wait guys... I got the impression that the cops were on her side to help her get her stuff off of/out-of the car, since the junkyard guy lied about it selling so that she wouldn't be able to go look at it.

amirite?

Devon

I have no ideaaaaaa, that's what the guy who last had my car said to my friend. I give up.

Rallytech14

that sucks im sorry, that's the way things tend to work out, i spent 10 hours painting my sideskirts and another hour painting my marker lights. one hour after i put the last bolt in i hit a 100 Lb deer at 70 MPH

skipow

worse comes to worst, you could buy them (again) off the junkyard owner? what use does he have for pink mudflaps?

Iboc_C64

Just saying. Not trying to be an alarmist. Maybe for good or bad reasons, from your perspective that is.

Devon

The only option I was given was to buy back the entire car for 4k.

and i'm losing my license for going 15 over. I'm trying to fight it though because i really just wasn't paying attention because it was a straightaway, there was no other cars around me and I was new to the school and roads. The last time I was stopped for speeding was over a year ago. Yet I get to lose my license as long as my friend, but she was doing 70 in a 25.

But at least I'm losing my license when I don't have a car to drive.

I'm just full of rants today. Someone said they're gonna try to get the flaps back for me but i don't know how.

oh wellllll

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The only option I was given was to buy back the entire car for 4k.

and i'm losing my license for going 15 over. I'm trying to fight it though because i really just wasn't paying attention because it was a straightaway, there was no other cars around me and I was new to the school and roads. The last time I was stopped for speeding was over a year ago. Yet I get to lose my license as long as my friend, but she was doing 70 in a 25.

But at least I'm losing my license when I don't have a car to drive.

I'm just full of rants today. Someone said they're gonna try to get the flaps back for me but i don't know how.

oh wellllll

did they send you a check yet? because if they didn't, they can't sell the car yet.

I thought you didn't have full coverage?

Devon

We have received nothing. My mom said she never signed off on the car but we had a loan out on it. We had full coverage but we didn't have gap insurance. We bought my car for 9 and they said they would only cover the kbb value which is like 7,500 I think.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
We have received nothing. My mom said she never signed off on the car but we had a loan out on it. We had full coverage but we didn't have gap insurance. We bought my car for 9 and they said they would only cover the kbb value which is like 7,500 I think.
In maine they have to pay you fair market value for the car. if you cannot find another in the same condition and aproximate miles for what they pay, they must give you more money.

And if they haven't sent you the check for the car, then you still own the car. Call the place with your car and tell them that you are coming to get your stuff out of and off the car. If you have to, call the insurance company and tell them that you have personal items in/on the car that you want back. they will make arrangements.

How old are you that you recieved a liscence suspension for 15 over? Or did you have drugs/alcohol in the car or something? Your story just doesn't add up 100%.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
wrecking a car and then dealing with the fallout is always a 100% hassle. But to let the junkyard screw with you because you don't know the rules, or your insurance co is not stepping up to get the best deal for you, this only adds unnecessary hassle.

this is what insurance agents are supposed to do for you. if you haven't been paid for the wrecked car, it is still yours and the yard is yanking somebody's chain on the deal. instead of having to lean on your parents to get this squared away have the 'rents make the insurance agent be their advocate and keep the yard on the up n up.

in the short term your situation sucks every way to look at it. in the long term you are learning stuff the hard way, so next time it won't be so bad...like next time you won't start by wrecking the car!

hang in, don't give up....that's what the yard is counting on you all to do here. if you give up, they win by being sleazebags.

Gate4jg

How old are you that you recieved a liscence suspension for 15 over? Or did you have drugs/alcohol in the car or something? Your story just doesn't add up 100%.

Im thinking the same thing, for example I was pulled over going 20 over for my first offense and I was 23. All the officer gave me was a $270 fine....... and was lucky he didnt give me a ticket for my "illegal" stock exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devon

I've had my license for under two years. I figure most of you knew I was a minor thanks to the pedobear pictures.

Latest posts

Back