Does anyone know...

Devon

and the reason I didn't say it because she hasnt had her license that long either, but we get the same consequence. She just has to pay more.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
ahh ok. So we've got some jailbait on the forum.

Sorry I hadn't met you yet, so I didn't know the age thing was an issue. Anywho, what happened to the OBS in your profile picture here? I am sure you can fight your ticket since the officer is going to have a hard time proving speeding by 15mph when he wasn't there.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
for all I know she could be 800lbs.

But the profile says female and she says she is young.

Is this where I am supposed to say "post pix" ??

Iboc_C64

Ok, well that pretty much explains everything except the junkyard not letting you get your stuff and the police stepping in for you. As far as a speeding ticket, they can't give you one unless they can reasonably assume that you were speeding (some kind of proof) or unless you made a statement that said you were speeding. I would never admit to speeding unless I knew that there was no other reasonable explanation, or the officer caught me on radar/laser. If neither of those things are true, and you made no statement to the police abouthow fast you might have been going, then they are pushing you around too. I would fight it in court, the DA would probably throw it out before it made it to the judge. I lost my license for 60 days when I was 18 becuase I got stopped doing 73 in a 55 two weeks short of my two year license anniversary. It sucks, but it happens to a lot of people. I have had 8 tickets in 12 years of driving, and those are the ones I didn't get a warning on. Oh, and also, the car is yours untill you are paid for it and the title is transferred from your bank to the insurance company or the salvage yard. Salvage yards are a**holes, don't trust them, know your rights, TELL THEM you will call your insurance company first, then the better business bureau, then the police. They will figure out that your not someone they should be pushing around. You need to at least seem to talk the talk and walk the walk, or they will take advantage of you, especially being a girl under 20. If you seem timid and unsure and like you could be handled and pushed around, they probably will do that. Be bossy and be a b*tch. Its your car and your money. I know I would rip them a new one.
default_smile.png

Devon

Thanks, and yeah i was caught on radar. I'm still gonna fight it though. I don't care about the fine, I'll pay it. I just can't afford to lose my license. Its hard enough trying to borrow my parents cars.

I just have no idea whats going on, or where my car is, or who to even contact. Someone is supposedly getting me my mudflaps back for forty bucks but I'm not allowed to know how? ugh.

and I'm not wiked cute, I'm alright

4de16c572b12071dc08fc80bc903ddd929820004.jpg

default_smile.png

Devon

ohhhhh and my obs broke its legs. So i HAD to sell it because my mom didn't want such an ugly thing in the driveway.. I thought it was pretty but whatever.

skipow

they caught you on radar before you wrecked? or are these separate incidents? either way contest it. i always always always contest my tickets, because at the very least- they are required to offer you a plea bargain (less points on license, reduced charge, lower fine)

best case scenario- the cop doesn't show up to the trial and it gets thrown out, happens all the time.

Devon

different times, my b

If i would of gotten a speeding ticket for my accident it would of been criminal

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
ooooOOoooOOOooo... I thought you were loosing your lisc because of this incident.

I has a feeling that ain't you. I can't quite put my finger on it...... maybe the beard.... ahh.. I dunno.

Stein

Stein
I've had my license for under two years. I figure most of you knew I was a minor thanks to the pedobear pictures.
Yeah, sorry about that
default_smile.png
. I thought it was clear I was just joking when I posted that comment about Pat.

Anyway, definitely get your insurance company involved in helping you get your "personal items" (seriously, call them that, it sounds better) before you have your "don't ask, don't tell" person get them for you, and charge you $$$ for it.

Iboc_C64

If your car stereo was any good I would get that too. You can order a replacement faceplate and installation cage if needed, install tools, whatever. I have done it before, pulled nice stereos from crappy cars with none of the hardware I needed. The parts are ussually available online.

Im really surprised you are having such a hard time. Why would they charge you money for something that is yours already? You haven't been compensated for the car yet. That ammounts to someone stealing your stuff then selling it back to you. They should give you back anything off the car that you want, then base the compensation payment on whats left, not the other way around. Also, its not up to the salvage yard, they are just holding on to the car until the insurance company tells them what to do with it. Its not thiers, its yours. And before it can ever be thiers, you need to first transfer ownership of the car to the insurance company. They can't sell you back your own stuff when you didn't release ownership. Its not thiers to sell, that would be stealing. If the insurance company sold the car, without you selling it to them or signing off on it, that's also stealing. They are defrauding you, don't take thier crap. Call anyone with authority that will listen and plead your case. Nobody will fight for you if you don't make your situation known. Also, don't forget, the reason they are giving you a hard time is because its an impreza, and just because its wrecked, doesn't mean that its worthless. They are doing this becuase they think they can get free stuff out of it. They want everything that is in the car that you don't take because they can sell it all on ebay and improve their profits. That includes your mudflaps and your stereo and anything else that doesn't come on the car standard. If you don't fight for it then you don't get it back or get compensated and they make a larger profit. The fact of the matter is, if you don't bring it up with the insurance company, they wont cover the extras like the flaps and stereo. It would be like you never bought them, aside from the hole it left in your wallet. They would only see the cars blue book value, and compensate you based on that. Sorry, just hate to see people get scr*wed over, this concludes this rant.
default_biggrin.png

Mighty Subie

they caught you on radar before you wrecked? or are these separate incidents? either way contest it. i always always always contest my tickets, because at the very least- they are required to offer you a plea bargain (less points on license, reduced charge, lower fine)

best case scenario- the cop doesn't show up to the trial and it gets thrown out, happens all the time.

Sorry but they are NOT required to offer you anything. They can just nail you to the wall if they so choose.

Latest posts

Back