DoublePlus Racing - Black River Stages 2011

ReZPunK

For Immediate Release

September 21, 2011

Old Town, Maine USA

DoublePlus Racing will be heading to the woods of New York to compete in this year’s running of Black River Stages. On September 23rd and 24th in the woods near Croghan NY, Kevin Turner (driver) and Rob Sockalexis (co-driver) will be looking defend their win from 2010 against a very talented field of Two Wheel Drive racers. Last year the team collected their first class win in Open Two Wheel Light with quick and tidy drive over the two day event. Luke Sorenson piloting his turbo Saab 99 was the only faster FWD car in the field.

This year, the team will have to have another great performance to secure the class win and take the overall FWD win. Having secured the Rally America Eastern Region Group 2 Championship this summer, with 1st place finishes in both regional rallies in Group 2 of the New England Forest Rally, and 3rd place overall on NEFR Day 2; the team hopes to carry the momentum and pace into this event.

It won’t be easy for them this time around, the list of drivers in their class is deeper than it ever has been and there are many other champion drivers competing in the same class at this event. Chris Greenhouse in his Rally Neon, Ed Mcnally in a Team O’Neil prepared Fiesta, Billy Petrow in his Fiesta will all have the same goal in mind, be the fastest FWD on the course. Greenhouse is the current Rally America Central Region Group 2 Champion, and two time defending Rally America Regional Run-Off Champion. He will no doubt be going quick and a great test for Turner/Sockalexis.

Kevin and Rob will have to draw upon their experience on the tight and winding roads of Black River, and use their knowledge from their past 2 years of running this event to their advantage. "This event doesn’t allow recce of the course, so new competitors to this event are really driving blind on roads they have never seen before, I think this could be where Kevin and I could really set the pace early on." Rob commented.

DoublePlus Racing would like to thank Bohemian Coffee House for their continued support over the 2011 season, please visit them in Brunswick Maine and mention DPR. Follow DoublePlus Racing on Facebook for updates during the event.

ReZPunK

Thanks to all our supporters on MainelySubarus.com and our friends and family also.

we are going to go like hell and give it our best!!!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
we are going to go like hell and try not to hit things!!!
quote fisked
default_cool.png

ReZPunK

Heading out the door now...10 hours...ugh

to all those competitors, crews, and volunteers...drive safe, and I will see you there!

ReZPunK

1st in class, 2nd in two wheel combined, and 5th overall!

full event write up...later when I feel like getting wordy.

Subarus redheaded step child, beating 7 out of 8 ford fiestas and focii.

Latest posts

Back