Down pipe, springs or sways??

ShagginWagon

Hi guys-

Trying to figure out what to do with the LGT wagon next. The downpipe will add more power, but suspension mods would be mighty nice. I only have the cash to do one. Help me decide!

i-wagon

considering a lgt already has power, and the legacy chassis is sometimes described as "boat like" compared to an impreza, i nominate suspension. especially if you aren't planning on drag racing "fast and the furious" teenagers

Mark

downpipe alone isn't going to do anything except overboost. it needs to be done with a stage 2 setup. not positive what this means for LGT, but at the least some tuning.

springs change the look and feel, but sways will do the most for the suspension. cya later body roll

my votes on sways if the vote is dp/springs/sways. if it's full stg 2 package then i would go stage 2. i'm a sucker for some more boost

patsti

NitrousFed
coilovers (wont really need sways after) and then performance... I am not a fan of lowering springs on stock struts.

ShagginWagon

Yes- sorry, this would be with a Cobb stage 2 tune.

Sounds like suspension mods have the edge. The wagon does have a LOT of body roll. Rallitek has a f/r package of sways and links on group buy. Maybe that's the one.

I'm a little worried that the springs/coilovers will be a big job. I'll also need to put in the LGT wagon saggy butt shims.

downpipe alone isn't going to do anything except overboost. it needs to be done with a stage 2 setup. not positive what this means for LGT, but at the least some tuning.
springs change the look and feel, but sways will do the most for the suspension. cya later body roll

my votes on sways if the vote is dp/springs/sways. if it's full stg 2 package then i would go stage 2. i'm a sucker for some more boost

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

Sways! What difference bigger sway bars make. Makes your car way more fun to drive. It should be every scooby owner's first mod.

patsti

NitrousFed
Drive my wagon with coilovers and you will love the lack of body roll... Roilovers fix the sag because you can adjust them... It takes a few hours to put them in and 50-100 for alignment if you need it.

Latest posts

Back