EPOXY IS GOING TO BE MY FRIEND

JoshP

If you expoxy the piece back on, and use high temp RTV on the switch, I *think* it will hold 40 psi of oil pressure.  Just let the epoxy cure overnight at least. 

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Personally I wouldn't trust epoxy there. I'd tap some threads down that hole and just plug it off. There's another oil gallery port in the back of the block, just put a sensor in that one and re-route the wire.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
A person with mad tig welding skills will be your friend.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Tig welding that would be extremely difficult due to the oil soaked into the aluminum. You also stand the chance of dropping slag in the hole. Then it's done for.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Oh, ok, never mind then.  Welding the broken piece back in place is crazy talk.  What was  I thinking
default_additional_gavel.gif
   Tapping threads into an oil passage, causing the introduction of metal shavings to the oil system, is a way better idea.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Put some heavy grease on the tap, go a turn, take it out. clean, re-grease, go a turn, etc. It's worth a try tapping and inserting a plug to that hole.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
im going to take a stab in the dark how you break the block in that fasion. the oil pressure sensor is pipe thread, which means its tapered so smaller at the bottom and larger at the the top which is what makes it seal i suspect the tapered sensor was tightened too far into the block and the tapered sensor was stronger then the tapered aluminum hole in the block, and pop...

Latest posts

Back