Exhaust questions, from your friend, Phil

TheNailman

Warcock
OK, first and foremost, yes i read the unabombers exhaust threads on nasioc, while it is a good writeup, that has a HELL of a lot of work put into it, the db level charts seem highly subjective, and vary even between 2 cars with similar exhausts.

05 wrx, i have a nice up/down pipe combo i will be installing in a short while, and am thinking of also going for a catback as well. mostly for the performance gains shown, but also for sound and looks. ..

now my problem is this, i want the preformance, but not the skull rattling noise of my previous exhaust. . .. a few of you heard it in its final form, and know what i mean.

now i know that borla's hush, and greddy's evo2 are NICE sounding exhausts, very quiet unless you really go WOT.

but checking out youtube, and listening to them when they are combined with a downpipe, they are almost as loud as every fart can on the market. . . and i'd like to maintain some semblance of civility amongst my neighbors.

is there any system that anyone knows of, that will keep it chill, while allowing good gas flow, and not making my head hurt on the long drives up the interstate....even with a downpipe in the mix?

R

redlinerally

Mad Dad's exhaust products almost certainly have a combo for that. Check with http://www.Synaptic3.com... they are a vendor of theirs.

Oh and...

i'd like to maintain some semblance of civility amongst my neighbors.
IN MEDFORD? GOOD LUCK!
default_wink.png
default_smile.png
:)

TheNailman

Warcock
i was also thinking that for a while, however, per unabombers extensive faq, that exhaust is still very restrictive

internalcombust

My vote would be prodrive but I am biased. Mine is quiet, and I will soon have full turbo back in front of it. If you don't decide by then you could give it a listen.

dyzfr6

i work with a guy who has on 06 wrx. catless donwpipe and borla hush. sounds good in the car and out. not to loud at all. i got a catless downpipe on my 06 and i think i am gonna do the borla.

TheNailman

Warcock
i work with a guy who has on 06 wrx. catless donwpipe and borla hush. sounds good in the car and out. not to loud at all. i got a catless downpipe on my 06 and i think i am gonna do the borla.
see i love the sound of the hush, love it.

but, i dont like the dual minitip look, just doesn't go with my car at all : wish they made a single tip hush

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I've heard this car, in a garage. It's not too loud at all.

urabusturbo

i got a full catless 2 1/2 with a greddy fart can on my legacy and it is way too loud. I hafta putt around portland everywhere i go to avoid attention from the po po's. if i ever plan on getting a sticker i need to do change some stuff soon hopefull before i get busted.

TheNailman

Warcock
i did go do some listens of the above mentioned maddad systems. ...

sound very nice. i think that has risen right to the top of the list actually.

and my fave ( as you know shorty)

FATTY DUAL TIPS

Back