Feeler: 03 Forester XS Premium 5MT **Now with Pics!**

mikebike357

I'm getting the itch for something different so I'm throwing out the feelers to see if there's any interest:

2003 Forester XS Premium

- Manual Tranny

- 81000 miles

- Platinum Silver Metallic w/ grey cloth interior

- BIG sunroof

- 6 disc CD changer

- Heated front seats

- Heated wipers

- Heated mirrors

- Kartboy short shifter & bushings

- Swift Forester springs

- Whiteline steering rack bushings

- Custom cold air intake

- Cobb lightened crank pulley

- STI 20mm rear swaybar & mounts

- Perrin rear endlinks

- JDM sport grill w/ 'I' emblem

- Legacy rear brake upgrade (bigger rotor)

- Coated stainless brake lines

- Stromung midpipe

- Red hazard button

- WRX pedal set

- K&N air filter

- Prosport oil temp gauge

- Foglamp mod (can run fogs & parking lights only)

- Custom engine grounding kit

- All weather & carpeted floor mats

- Forester XT wheels, painted graphite, two sets:

.....one with Hankook Optimo summer tires (will probably need to be replaced soon)

.....one with Nokian Hakkapellita Q snows (have at least 1 or 2 seasons left at my mileage per winter)

Headgaskets & timing belt replaced (at Patriot) at ~70k

Struts replaced with KYB GR2's (at Evergreen) at ~76k

Front brakes (pads & rotors) replaced at ~79k

Synthetic 5w-30 since 5k miles - Mobil1 to start, Castrol Syntec the last 20k+

Original owner, purchased in March 2003 @ DayApollo Subaru in Pittsburgh, PA. Been very well taken care of. Accident free (hoping I didn't just jinx myself typing that). Has 2 minor dings, one on the rear drivers side door and the other is on the passenger side above the windows where a bike decided to cut loose from the roof rack. Usual minor stone chips on the front associated with living in Maine. Car runs & sounds great. Look at my profile for a pic. More pics upon request.

$8000 obo

Attachments

• photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

SurlyOBS

If you put up some pics then I'll be asking Santa for it for Christmas...I'm kinda glad I can't see it.

mikebike357

I'll get some better pics up this weekend. Just snapped this out my office window with the crappy iPhone zoom...

Thule rack not included (well, at least not the fairing, bike mounts, and locks). Foot pack & crossbars are negotiable.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebike357

Bumpity bump.

I haven't found the exact replacement vehicle yet so that's why it's still listed as 'Feeler'... if you're interested please PM me.

mikebike357

Bumpity bump! Nobody wants to buy this beautiful Foz, put a bow on it and stick it under the tree for their honey this Christmas?

mikebike357

With the Swifts on the SG foresters the drop is greater. Maybe 1" in the back and 1.5" in the front. The Swifts give it a nice balanced look as compared to FSTi springs.

RedForester08

Swifts are a great spring for a lower stance and still good ride

here is the difference between stock height and swifts

Before1.jpg

After1.jpg

sleepyone

I know that you have replaced the springs, thus lowering the car but I wanted to know if it's possible to raise it back up to the clearance it has when it's new? And if so, does anyone have a ballpark dollar amount on how much this would cost? This Forester looks really nice but I'm not keen on the lowered, race-car look and prefer the raised, stock look.

Also, are both sets of wheels a dark color? Do you still have the original wheels?

I don't know a lot about the upgrades you have done but is it safe to say most of these reflect an interest in the sportier side of Subarus?

Thanks in advance for any information.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
It's very easy to raise it back up to stock height. You just need to put stock springs back in. Shouldn't be very expensive to do. Sleepyone, this would be a good one for you to get, it has the head gaskets done, and all the other maintenance done.

Latest posts

Back