Feeler: FS: 2005 WRX Premium

stiXXX

Hi guys!

I decided to (probably) sell the 2005 WRX after we finish the build in the next month.

I already have one STI race car, & when this is done the WRX will put down a solid, safe 300WHP/385BHP and 325TQ. Veddy' niiiice.

The car will be only a six-speed STI tranny away from being an STI with heated seats and a sun roof and heated mirrors/wipers & killer OEM STI seats in "carbon" weave.

See my build thread here, on my WRX for the full mod list & specs, I'll likely forget some things here.

Some really nice parts on the car-short shift kit by kartboy w fr. bushings, Cudco FSB & fat RSB w killer bushings, a great, full suspension conversion with Pinks and STI springs (plus the OEM springs and struts) upgraded ($1200 retail + Hawk HPS pads all around!) brake upgrade, JDM Beatrush/Laille intake, full 3" exhaust (up pipe, downpipe, mid-pipe, with Vibrant muffler!) OEM exhaust included, mint, as well...

Add: A big fat tmic, Perrin BPV, and oh yeah-my mint, 2006 2.5 EJ LGT motor w/ 38k miles, and a JDM VF-34 bearing turbo (w/40k).

Also add some fresh '06 STI injectors, and a new (3k, mint) STI OEM clutch.

Also add a single-DIN kenwood kdx-994 w A2DP Bluetooth, iPod, phone synch, etc.

Also-add 6K HIDS lo beams AND fogs w/ the foglight "use any time without your headlights" mod. HID lo's also work WITH the hi-beams, not instead-of, which is sweet.

Daytime running lights DELETE mod, as well...

The motor is being carefully built by Meyagi.

As he can tell you-I do not cut corners-ever, in a build-and neither does he, right down to the new timing belt the LGT motor will get-just cuz' it's a good idea and i have a spankin' new one.
default_cool.png

The car will then be flat-bedded down & pro-tuned and dyno'd by Kinetic.

It will come with really sweet ($3k+ retail, JDM) 3-pc, 18" SSR FORGED rims with new Michelin Pilots (pictured).

The black, powder-coated '05 OEM STI BBS' with four brand new, kickarse snows and Project Kix converters/spacers are a potential, optional purchase @ $1100.

I'll be looking for $12,500 and the car will be in top shape from Kinetic @ time of sale.

I'll have more in it than I'm asking, as usual-but two race-bred cars in my garage is self-defeating, my RX-8 sitting around gathering dust with full coverage, making only my insurance company happy proved that to me.

All you see it pictured here is as it sits, excepting the scoop is now OEM red again.

I'm pretty hard-set on the price.

It's a sweet car and when we het it finished it will be worth ever cent.

Here's a couple of pictures w/ the SSRs on.

43fd1eef-fe59-c0be.jpg

43fd1eef-fe6f-6fae.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated!
default_smile.png

Thanks!

XXX

**Next vehicle is open, I lean towards a Toyota truck....

stiXXX

Meyagi's got the motor installed.

Off to Kinetic next week for a tune & a Walboro, then it's back on the road- Happily, this time with about 35% more HP...

stiXXX

Added:

750cc DW Injectors, New. Walboro, New.

TurboSmart BPV, New.

Dyno Charts available soon.
default_dry.png

Last edited by a moderator:

stiXXX

Hi Mark,

I'd probably go $11.5K, sans SSR's...

I wasn't planning on a new BPV or new injectors, but the pinks were at 110% latency @ 4100RPM, so for the car's sake I bought the best, 750 DW's, & that was another +$600 to my total-not to mention the tune, I'm well over another grand in the car this week.

Meyagi & I are off to pick her up today, I'll post results & dyno charts later tonight!
default_additional_hail.gif

XXX

stiXXX

The WRX ran 300/300tq, in "adjusted" dyno power, last night.
default_additional_punch.gif

What most FAIL to consider is the EJ20's frequent propensity to detonate past 100k, & the WRX' glass 5-speed...

A 100K WRX is a car you need $5K in the bank, or on a credit card, to own "safely"-& AAA is a very good idea, as well.

I just spent +$2000 on a new EJ25 install & tune to replace a MINT EJ20

that detonated for NO GOOD REASON AT ALL with 105K.

One owner, ALL records, MINT, dealer serviced since new w/ an extended warranty, synth oil since mile 0001-and it shat on Christmas day at 30MPH.

Luckily, I had a 36k, mint '06 LGT motor in the barn-but a new TurboSmart BPV (Perrin for the FAIL, as usual!) the tune ($400) and new 750 DW injectors, combined with other odds and ends (approx. $450 in Kinetic labor, plus Mikey's install fee) left me with a $1,520.00 bill at Kinetic, and WELL over $2000 for the whole swap-AND I ALREADY OWNED THE MOTOR! (ouch, my arse!!)

If you think for a SECOND that an "$8k WRX" with 120k miles won't need $3-5,000 w/in a short time, I'm sorry, but you're fooling yourselves.

New Motor- $2500-$15,000*

New STI tranny- $3-$5000*

Clutch-$400-$2500+ *

*Plus install costs like:

Motor-$750+

Tranny-$500+

Clutch-$350+

Tune-$400-$500+

It's not nearly the "bargain" it seems, especially because 90% of all WRX & STI's get the SNOT beat out of them!

My .02

XXX

stiXXX

With the VF34 and EJ25 the car is a phuckin' BLAST!!

Talk about NO LAG!

I have to add a DWG u/p & Tial 38mm WG, the JDM VF34 overboosts without it set up thusly.

It's now a Stage II++ STI with a 5 spd tranny & heated seats and a sunroof-I have no complaints at ALL.

My OEM WRX was a serious POS in comparison.

After the u/p & wastegate's on, I'll get one more dyno run down, but the last one, adjusted, was 305WHP/320TQ.

(Shown data on Kinetic's Land & Sea dyno was 262.x WHP/290TQ, typically 15% low, even vs. a Mustang dyno.) (In contrast, my STI w/FP Green runs 33xWHP/330TQ, 360/360tq, adjusted, on the same dyno-) Btw-Kinetic are great guys & excellent tuners. For $400, you can't get a better, more thorough, dyno/road tune.

Stay tuned for more info as it's all tied up.

XXX

stiXXX

If I sold the car I'd subtract $1k w/out the SSRs-what I just bought them for. 3-pc forged 18x8s ftw!
default_additional_jawdrop.gif

I'm keeping my STI rims too, (I'd sell them for high market value, plus the $600 I have in new snows, but that's a lot of cake. Those forged black powder-coated OEM BBS' kick arse!) I'd prolly put oem WRX rims back on the WRX before the sale if the SSRs didn't go with the car.

I'm liking it so much I'm in no hurry unless the right money pops up.

This is almost a finished build, & a damn good one it's sorting out to be.

Good fun!

XXX

stiXXX

...And I also added a new TurboSmart BPV, as the Perrin BPV Epic Failed under 1# of pressure (Perrin FTL!) & a new Vibrant coupler for the giant TMIC, a SAMCO silicone Y-TMIC pipe, & shortly the Tial 38mm WG & U/P & that completes the build list. Meyagi, installs.

Finally, Mike @ Kinetic finishes up the tune & she's ALL Done!

XXX

Latest posts

Back