Feeler: FS or FT: Short Ram Intake for NA cars

Stein

Stein
Note: I'm only getting rid of this because my parents don't like the noise. The sound remains like stock until about half-throttle, where there is a huge bump up in sound at higher RPMs (>4000), and a small increase at standard driving RPMs (<4000). This is mostly because the stock intake has a silencer. Unfortunately, shifting into second anywhere in my neighborhood necessitates more than half throttle to keep me going.

Background info:

The intake was originally part of SpinmasterT's (Tyler's) old car's CAI. When he turbo swapped that car, he cut off this part of the intake, making this section an NA short ram and the other section a cold air intake for turboed cars.

Not sure the mileage on the cone filter.

The intake won't work with MAF-cars without an additional MAF section/adapter tube, but I'm not sure where that would fit other than between the filter and the intake.

What's included:

Fairly scratched intake pipe.

Unknown mileage cone filter.

Two red rubber seals, one for the filter end and one to attach to the intake manifold.

A hose clamp to attach it to the intake manifold.

Heater hose/rubber pipe for the various intakes (3) that feed off of this, for example the cabin air. Only one or two are cut to size, but there's enough left over to redo them all.

What else you'd need:

One more hose clamp to hold on the filter.

Your stock hose clamps for the aforementioned "various intakes." 6 total.

What I'm looking for:

Highest offer in cash. I don't have a price in mind, but I am in zero hurry to get rid of this.

Any parts for a '99 Impreza Wagon (GF4). PM me for me wishlist, or just send me offers.

Thanks for reading,

Nate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Bump

Possible trades are car audio stuff, radar detector (with cash on my end), 20mm WRX rear sway bar

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

Bump

Possible trades are car audio stuff, radar detector (with cash on my end), 20mm WRX rear sway bar
Once again, I didn't cut it ... It was a two piece CAI for 98+ RS: This is the short ram piece (I still have the fender piece) that I gave to Sergei. We wanted to try it on his 1.8 brighton but it was too long to fit in the engine bay (which I thought was weird). We trimmed a little off to make it fit. I had an adaptor that I had bought at Rice Boys and redrilled to match the MAF holes; I guess you didn't get that piece ...

I'm not sure why you need to have so much throttle going into 2nd, I never had that problem while it was installed on my car.

GLWS

Stein

Stein
Maybe its because I shift too early into 2nd, and I just don't have enough torque at the low end.

Also I think I need new spark plugs.

Thanks T. I did not get the adapter piece, and I simply said "cut" because that's what that end of the tube looks like, and I didn't want anybody to be surprised by the condition.

-=Lobstah=-

Are Short rams worth a lot?
not really
default_dry.png

Latest posts

Back