fitting WRX seats in a GC..

gearsoup

So, I picked up a set of WRX seats, put them in the car, and....

They are frickin tall! I feel like I'm driving a minivan! (by comparison) Any GC owners out there that re-used their stock frame rails and mounts? Was wondering if that was even possible before I take the seats out again.....

R

redlinerally

This may be an aggressive solution, so bear with me.

Instead of changing the brackets, keep them in place and change what they are mounted to. That way, you'll not only have some AWESOME WRX seats, but maybe even a WRX base! ;D

gearsoup

ummm

nigga say what?

The WRX seats are mounted to WRX brakets, slides and stuff. All of this is mounted to the floor of my car...

Oh, I see what you are saying... How about NO!

mikebike357

I'm pretty sure you need to use your existing frame rails. A handful of Forester owners have swapped the stock Foz seats for WRX or STi and had similar issues... Re-using the rails did the trick.

R

redlinerally

Well, you see... the WRX seats may make your ass feel good, but for the full effect, some G-Forces need to be involved.
default_biggrin.png

Tyler

I took my stock seats out rails and all, and popped the wrx seats in .. It's not too bad .. a little tall, but you can adjust the height on the drivers seat, so it brings you right back down almost, or enough for me at least!
default_biggrin.png
I think it's worth it

R

redlinerally

Yes, Tyler... but you are just as short as Joel!
default_biggrin.png

Seth's my height... about 5' 10"

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
default_biggrin.png

I didn't know they piled crap that high!
Runnah, did you use the WRX brackets or the stock ones?

Runnah

default_biggrin.png

I didn't know they piled crap that high!
Runnah, did you use the WRX brackets or the stock ones?
Good question, I didn't do the swap, but it does sit higher than stock RS seats.

gearsoup

There is no "problem" with them, per se.

It's just that I'm not accustomed to that height. Besides, they have to come out anyway. Turns out the '93 seatbelt won't plug into the WRX latch...

Tyler

They don't need to come out!!! Just unbolt the latch, and use the latch from your stock seats .. one bolt, that's all!

R

rallyXcramps

I feel like I'm driving a minivan!
don't know nuttin about that.
default_frown.gif

I hated WRX seats in my RS. Steering wheel too low, seat too high. Like freakin driving a bus. Mine had WRX rails.

gearsoup

so, turns out that you CAN'T swap out the rails. Not interchangeable at all. I'll just get used to them
default_frown.gif

They are really comfortable, though....

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I bet I'm shorter >
default_frown.gif
I love them in my car. Al freakin' hates them. He said the same as Inski. Matter of fact he was bitching about them just the other day!

Latest posts

Back