Front Light Mount Bar

Subydactyle

I have an 04 Impreza TS and i am looking for a rally innovations Light Bar. https://www.rallyinnovations.com/product_detail.php?prod_id=31 something like that. Just got the hella 500s and have a temporary mount, but would like something that looks a little bit better
default_angry.png

TheNailman

Warcock
dont wanna bust your bubble. i had a RI bar, and LOVED it. however, my hella 500's did not fit, they were too deep and when i ran them, they were aimed too low on the road. switched to PIAA 520's, and it the combo was perfect.

used RI bars pop up on nasioc every so often, for a good price

Subydactyle

Daaaannnggggg! Well thanks for the heads up. And yeah i have them mounted right now with a piece of angle iron painted black. It looks great, but i am just looking for something a little more 'classy'.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Since this thread is slipping into more DIY then WTB, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

The RI bar isn't that great because it keeps the lights low, where as they should be around even with your OEM headlights. Lower lights are less effective and more likely to be damaged.

I did my DIY light mounts using 1/4 inch flat stock steel I picked up at Lowes. I'd avoid pipe and use flat stock as long as you have the appropriate vice + BFH to bend it.

2010-12-04%2011.52.18.jpg

2010-12-04%2011.52.51.jpg

2010-12-05%2012.48.43.jpg

I've set my mounts up so that when I get additional lights, I can run a second piece of flat stock on top of the two brackets I have now to create a light bar. Modular, unobtrusive, minimalistic.

I've driven by Yarmouth PD with my covers off and lights off plenty of times and no hassle so far.

i-wagon

half professional angle iron with braces to rad support ftw. I can't get pics, but inski has one of my light mounts if he wanted to upload pics

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I have a RI bar that I loved.... Never used it as a Light bar as much as I did a Bumper guard..

P6090171.jpg

Latest posts

Back