FS: 2006 STI Shortblock with only 60k miles on it. Really good conditon

diabloadsit

As the title says this is a 2006 STI shortblock. Has the forged crank and the connecting rods in the block. As you can see the cylinder bores are pretty nice. Lobstah and I could find no problem with the bores. Still has cross hatching left on them. This is also a 702 coded block which from what I understand is a more sought after block then the higher numbers. I know AMS will only take a 702 block or below number mill if you want them to do an engine build for you.

Looking for either $475 if you pick up or. $600 shipped.

CIMG4128.jpg

CIMG4131.jpg

CIMG4130.jpg

CIMG4129.jpg

CIMG4127.jpg

diabloadsit

More pics. By the way the grass on top of the motor is from a damn chipmunk that was living under my hood. Lil bastard.

CIMG4132.jpg

CIMG4136.jpg

CIMG4133.jpg

CIMG4135.jpg

CIMG4134.jpg

Ray

The Northernah'
could I, perhaps, use this to put back together a 2000 2.5RS that got ran out of oil? and needs an engine? but where compression ratios are diff. from N/A to turbo engines would I need a custom tune? this is somewhat out of my knowledge, so if im making a fool of myself for even asking/ thinking about this, just say so
default_idk.gif

diabloadsit

could I, perhaps, use this to put back together a 2000 2.5RS that got ran out of oil? and needs an engine? but where compression ratios are diff. from N/A to turbo engines would I need a custom tune? this is somewhat out of my knowledge, so if im making a fool of myself for even asking/ thinking about this, just say so
default_wink.png
There is good news and bad news for you here. Yes you could use this block for what you want. That is the good news. The bad news is that if you did run sti pistons yes you would need a tune. What you need to find out is what size the bore is on your 2.5 RS engine. This is stock at 99.5 for the sti. Not sure what the RS runs.

Now if you could just get RS performance pistons then the odds are pretty good you wouldn't need a tune at all. I believe the blocks are the same. Only diffrence between the two are the pistons themselves and the bore size. The crank and rods are the same size just forged in the STI vs unforged in yours.

So I am thinking as cliff notes here:

Buy this block with some 100mm bored 2000 RS pistons and have a machine shop clean it all up and put it togeather for you. Then I am about 75% sure you wouldn't need a tune. And would have rocksolid pieces.

I know the stock rods in an STI are able to withstand around 450whp with no problems and the crank is fine for whatever you want to throw at it.

If you pick the motor up I am selling it for $475 if I have to ship it then its going to be $600. So you have the option of saving about $125 there.

diabloadsit

RayRS I have some good news.

The blocks are the same for our cars. Everything on our cars is the same except

-All the parts in a EJ257 engine are forged besides the pistons, in your EJ251 engine nothing is forged

-The stroke size in the EJ251 is longer which gives you a compression ratio of 10.1 to 1.

So if you did want this block you could use the block and the forged crank with some aftermarket EJ251 rods and pistons and have a nice lil setup and you wouldnt need a retune since your compression ratio didnt change.

Update for everyone I am going to include the OEM STI Pistons I have listed on my other sell forum in the deal. Price will remain the same. $475 picked up and $600 shipped.

Evan

i'm pretty sure all subaru ej cranks are forged, and i think connecting rods as well but i might just be thinking of the turbo cars.

Ray

The Northernah'
thanks for all the info guys, still waiting on buying the car and looking at my options hmmmm decisions decisions

diabloadsit

^^^what he said. On cyl 3 you could hear the air blowing past the rings and into the crankcase. Cyl 3 rings were pretty much done.

diabloadsit

Have her listed up on Ebay with some good pics.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Wrx-STI-EJ257-Block-crank-rods-and-piston-/250649509652?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5bdfff14

diabloadsit

SOLD!!!!

Listed her up on Ebay and fetched a nice price for her. Plus they paid for shipping.

Got more for her than I was asking on here so its good I listed it.

Latest posts

Back