Gas Prices:

scubiecraig

I am looking into pellet stoves but not sure I can afford it this year... so for the time being I am thinking of getting an infrared heater... specifically the EdenPure line. My grandparents let me use one last year and it cut our propane bill down by about 30 gallons in one of the coldest months last year!

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I am looking into pellet stoves but not sure I can afford it this year... so for the time being I am thinking of getting an infrared heater... specifically the EdenPure line. My grandparents let me use one last year and it cut our propane bill down by about 30 gallons in one of the coldest months last year!
You need to lock in early on a price. For me it`s usally in May. $2.65 for propane.Prices are only going up each year. Last year I was at $2.15 and the year before at $1.98.

scubiecraig

We've never paid that low for propane. Of course we are brand new home owners too... we just moved in last December to our newly built home. We drop at least 300-400 bucks on a fill-up. I didn't particularly care for the programs that our propane company had to offer, so we're winging it again this year and trying to find ways to save on fuel costs. That's why we are looking into Pellet Stoves and Infrared heaters... so we can "zone heat" instead of heating the whole house, which isn't in use all the time. We just need to be comfortable in the room we're occupying and keep the rest of the house at a reasonable temp.

02 WRX Chris

driving through Biddiford, prices for 87 are 3.36 for about a week now. Too bad 91 is still like 3.70 something a gallon ><

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
go pellet.

we were using 170-200gal/mo to heat 2800sq/ft (with loft) last year, now we use ~1 ton of pellets/mo in the cold months. so about 6ton/year or the rough equivilant of 2 tanks of oil (Cost wise) the damn stove was paid for in the half heating season we had.

we got a smoking deal on a quadrafire Mt Vernon AE. it auto cleans so we can use the lowest grade pellets without issue. It has been good enough that we are areplacing our woodstove (that was installed incorrectly) with another pellet stove this year. with the two, we should be plenty toasty during the -15* + nights.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Been good. 14mo daughter keeps me busy. Took a job interview on the other side of the country (turned it down). Bought another WRX (wagon) going to sell the miata, ect ect.

I am trying to keep up on here, but it is tough lately. But that is the gist.

On the pellet stoves, I think Brighton bought his from Lowes or Home Depot (can't remember which). They are really reasonably priced and put out some major heat. And at a really reasonable price. as long as you have a flue or can put a hole in the side of your house (or roof like ours), it is a great setup.

Carter

Administrator
I hate this ethanol shit, and now methanol too? I am bullshit! I want my 93 back damnit!

P.S. I HATE Citgo gas, its like PISS..Now all the Mobil stations owned by CN Brown are Citgo stations. WTF....

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I hate this ethanol shit, and now methanol too? I am bullshit! I want my 93 back damnit!

P.S. I HATE Citgo gas, its like PISS..Now all the Mobil stations owned by CN Brown are Citgo stations. WTF....
The Citgo in Sanford is not owned by C.N. Brown and they get their 93 in Portland. I tried to get the contact info on who is providing 93 in Portland but the owners of that Citgo would not tell me.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
the shell gas in Greenland, NH is pretty good. THe 93 really woke up the wrx, and my mileage improved a bit as well.

Latest posts

Back