Going from an Open Rear Diff to..........

inski

your car or the shop's project car? Are you spinning a tire when exiting turns?

just gotta make sure the ratio equals the center diff ratio.

Tony Q

your car or the shop's project car? Are you spinning a tire when exiting turns?

just gotta make sure the ratio equals the center diff ratio.
Both, but how can I check ratios?

Tony Q

Swappiing the center diff, to a DCCD might be more trouble than I want to get into. I don't think the rear would be that complicated.

RedForester08

The rear diff in the 2007 WRX is a LSD. Is the gears the same? and the axles splines? as the Open diff on the 06-07 impreza? if so it would swap over pretty easy in our cars if you did a whole housing swap. Boy a LSD would really add to the car. Can anyone tell us about the fittment. As far as axle splines if the 07 WRX wagon axles are the same as the 2.5i wagon axles then we know the splines are the same. Thanks Tony now I have another mod to ponder around in my head. Tony get that resinator swap done yet?

Tony Q

Working on the resonator right now, Joel is helping me modify the silencer to make it a more direct and forceful push. I am alos tossing around the idea of a new filter, something K&Nish to reduce restriction, but not sure yet, one thing at a time.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The rear diff in the 2007 WRX is a LSD. Is the gears the same? and the axles splines? as the Open diff on the 06-07 impreza? if so it would swap over pretty easy in our cars if you did a whole housing swap. Boy a LSD would really add to the car. Can anyone tell us about the fittment. As far as axle splines if the 07 WRX wagon axles are the same as the 2.5i wagon axles then we know the splines are the same. Thanks Tony now I have another mod to ponder around in my head. Tony get that resinator swap done yet?
the rear diff in all WRX's is LSD. the axles are the same. the splines don't matter as there is an inner CV that covers the mating. The housing for the diff is basically the same. all you need to do is swap the ring and pinion from your set to the set you get from a WRX. (at least that is what I read/hear) Subie sport had a good writeup in Dec. 06 on putting a Quafie unit in a TS.

Rightseat

02+ WRX stock viscous LSD is 3.9 ratio. it's a straight bolt-in for most Scoobs w/3.9 ctr diff...TS wag, GCs w/2.2, OBS, etc. Depending on application, you will probably have to swap out rear axles to fit the new diff.

GC/GD RS and Forester 5MT cars have 4.11 center diffs, and the WRX swap wil NOT work. Forget the DCCD swap, the associated wiring and controls are more hassle than they're worth. If you are doing a full WRX swap with wiring harness, it's doable, but be aware that this is a HUGE project with extended development/mechanical downtime.

BTDT several times.

the rear LSD give the car more of a rear-drive feel, and helps throttle steer in low-grip conditions.

Tony Q

02+ WRX stock viscous LSD is 3.9 ratio. it's a straight bolt-in for most Scoobs w/3.9 ctr diff...TS wag, GCs w/2.2, OBS, etc. Depending on application, you will probably have to swap out rear axles to fit the new diff.

GC/GD RS and Forester 5MT cars have 4.11 center diffs, and the WRX swap wil NOT work. Forget the DCCD swap, the associated wiring and controls are more hassle than they're worth. If you are doing a full WRX swap with wiring harness, it's doable, but be aware that this is a HUGE project with extended development/mechanical downtime.

BTDT several times.

the rear LSD give the car more of a rear-drive feel, and helps throttle steer in low-grip conditions.
Thanks for the Technical aspect, nigel. Glad you are around. Now it is a matter of finding one that is still in good condition! Any thoughts?

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
We'll get Gabe's car into the shop by offering something free and swap it outa his while he waits.

"hey Gabe, you wanta cup of coffe while you wait?"

Rightseat

try Norm's Used Cars in Newcastle (just N of Bath). They have a whole operation devoted to recycling parts off crashed Scoobs.

http://www.normsusedcars.com

my rally car wears lots of recycled bits from these guys. they are an especially good source of used stock scooby wheels. they don't always have WRX parts on hand, but have started getting a few in as more and more ppl wad their WRXs into tinfoil
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back