Going from an Open Rear Diff to..........

Tony Q

Make the call Sir Shorty!!! Let start making forward progress!!!

I don't care if Dick knows his sheet, but does he have LSD, for ME??????????

R

redlinerally

Can you guys answer one burning question for me? Who's car IS THIS? Evergreen's, or TonyQ's?

R

redlinerally

Oh alright. I wasn't sure if this was the Evergreen project car or not.
default_biggrin.png

Tony Q

I am just getting motivated to start putting together the project car. Gotta gut it and find us some cheap parts to rebuild and install.

R

redlinerally

I saw an awesome $1500 2000 RS starter project for sale...
default_biggrin.png

Tony Q

We have a 97 Impreza Brighton Coupe with an AT Tranny, It has the 2.2 and 185K but it is AWD! THe perfect project car!!!! Let the experimenting begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

junkyardgabe

ha joel did you hear that-wait there it goes again-ah forget about it i don't think it was anything!

have a fun ride to work tomorrow hehe

Rightseat

um, ahem....did youse guys realize that Scooby ATs have 4.44 rear diffs?

hint hint...switch out the final drive R&P in your Brighton gearbox (or better yet, swap the R&P in an RS or Forester 5MT box w/closer ratios) , and presto, you gots a rally box with super short gears that really wake up the car. it'll be buzzy on the highway, but hey we're talking project car here. you can source the shorter R&P gears at rallispec.com

to get stock viscous LSD in 4.44 ratio, just find yourself a wrecked Forester S/Leggy Ltd w/automatic.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
All this time I thought it was for TonyQ's personal car!

So Nigel, you're saying to use a RS/Forester 5MT, and put the 4.44 final drive into it? Just clarifying.

Rightseat

si, senor shorty

#1 ideal scrapyard setup is: forester or RS 5MT (both have same ratios 1-5) w/swapped 4.44 R&P, connexted to scavenged 4.44 rear VLSD from high-end Scooby auto

#2 setup is RS/Foresta stock 5MT, connexticated to stock 4.11 VSLD scavenged off RS or Forester/Leg GT/OB Ltd 5-spd. This one is a straight bolt-in w/o costly. time-consuming, mechanically exacting surgery to gearbox internals.

#3 setup is to stick a stock WRX VLSD into the Brighton and retain stock box w/3.9 ratio. this is simplest option, tho you probly will have to switch R axles to fit Rex diff.

shorty has access to parts lists to confirm parts # involved

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Sweet. that's what I needed to know. Now that I know what the hell Q's talking about....

Tony Q

The first set up is for my car!!! Then I am looking for the project but first we are planning a tranny swap!! Cause F*^# The AT!!!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The first set up is for my car!!! Then I am looking for the project but first we are planning a tranny swap!! Cause F*^# The AT!!!
well look to the vendors and see if you can work a deal for some aftermarket LSD diffs. and if you do that, do the front too!

jmailhot

if your looking for a vlsd on a budget, but used and in unknown condition, jhotimports.com have some jdm r160 rear vlsd's for $150

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
The perfect example was the squeeling circle I did at the B & B meet.

B4 informed me it was my lack of a Frt LSD. :'(

Latest posts

Back