Got pulled out of snow bank by leg gt

MAauto101

Vendor
I was plowing my new houses driveway with my new plow (first time using it) and was pushing back snow banks. the blade went over the snow bank when i hit it hard. 4lo/4hi didnt matter i was stuck. I went in the house asked the wife to get her coat on and come pull me out. We hooked her leg gt to my rear bumper and there i went out of the snowbank. Lol. i know make fun of me, it is fine. but i figured all the subi lovers would enjoy my FAIL. i drive a full size extra cab truck lifted on mud terrians. just so you know that it wasnt a little toyota or jeep.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm sure someone will link to the recent revival of the legacy spec B pulling the truck out of a driveway video. Subaru awd is where it's at.

TheNailman

Warcock
default_rolleyes.gif

4WRXter

Skier!
http://www.tractionaids.com/

I HIGHLY recommend getting a pair (or better yet, 2pr) of these. I have a pair that my father got over 20 yrs ago. He used them for getting a RWD van in and out of driveways when he was an electrical contractor. I am still using them, mostly in my plow truck for such instances as yours. A lot of times they are just the trick!

saabaru

Great stuff. Since you openly admitted your mistake, I will refrain from the wise butt comments.

Mark

get some a/t's, i have bfg mt's on the cherokee and they're really not spectacular

inski

I wrecked a clutch pulling an RX-7. Hope the LGT did better. Fricken tanks!

Maybe the plow needs to go on the LGT!???!!??
default_eek.gif

Plowing is tricky. It takes me 35 minutes to do my driveway if I dont get stuck. It takes my plow guy 91 seconds to do it and it comes out better than when I do it.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
those mud terrains be your problem. a plow truck should really have truck snow tires. mud tires suck butt in the snow.

I feel your pain tho, last winter I had to have an audi quattro pull my subie out! skid plate=great under body protection=easily high centered on deep heavy snow

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I've pulled a few full size trucks with my older Subarus!! Gotta love it
me too. and I didn't exactly volunteer with great enthusiasm. The high range or low, your right it doesnlt matter...until tugging at 5000 pounds.

the icing on the cake (pun) was getting asked to tug a bobtailing rig in an ice/rain slicked driveway...it had no reason to be stuck, I denied help. It is a twisted flunking world when these things happen...

leave the damn beaten orphan subes alone....say something nice...

talk about the legacy gt tugging at something, it is way more unlikely than an old 3 main carbed.

Latest posts

Back