GT Brake upgrade time... Nothing to cool here

Blue GT

So as i continue to rack up miles on my 05 LGT its time to replace some wear and tear type items. My brakes are for the most part shot and there isn't any reason to just to Pads and turn the rotors. My plan is as follows:

DBA Street rotors

Hawk HPS Pads

Techna Fit SS lines

Now I'm not trying to track my car or anything but I see no reason to skimp on an important part of the car i plan to drive for the next few years.

2 main questions for Mainely, 1. Is my setup on par? and 2. Where is a good local (Maine) shop to purchase them from? (So far Portland Tint is getting me a quote).

Thanks Guys

TheNailman

Warcock
good rotors, good lines, never used those pads. you should be happy with the setup though.

my $0.02? get the stuff off nasioc and ebay, save yourself probly 50%

EvilAsPie

Sounds like a good setup to me. I'd check your prices with Tire Rack. They also carry goodrich lines which i have had two sets of and been happy.

Have fun! Brakes are a good time.
default_biggrin.png

TheNailman

Warcock
agreed, importimage has always been great with prices, and if you find it cheaper, most time they will match or beat them.

however, keep searching nasioc private classifieds, people sell stuff new in box all the time , and you can get it dirt cheap. i got my dba 4000's for like $200 shipped.

i got my braided lines for like $80

if you're gonna go from a vendor, importimage is the way to go.

Mark

i meant to say, outside of making sure to use good fluid, that setup looks nasty. it's going to make a HUGE difference. i know braking sounds boring but when you have a nice setup it really can put a smile on your face like a go fast part

Blue GT

^ Thanks, I completely agree, when I upgraded brakes on my 240 to 300zx brakes with better pads and fresh rotors it really ended up being one of my favorite mods. I'm looking forward to getting this done.

Latest posts

Back