Gumball 3000

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Did anyone notice that gumball 3000 went through Maine last night and will be heading back through again. I wish I would have known about this sooner.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I was hoping to get some sights and sounds.. but they do not advertise when and where (I assume they do not want a crowd of fans)

My dad (I am talking to him as I type -he is truck driver) saw ten go by yesterday on I-95, said they were doing at least 100mph.

"the maserati sounded the biggest"
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Stein

Stein
Like I said in the spotted thread, we need to raise a few $K and enter a modded Suby in next year's
default_smile.png

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
being the mathed nerd I am, I'd blast an old 3 main downdraft with a procharger and go with it... all 1781cc of it.
default_smile.png
sustainability goes with the rally more than the race.

funny enough, the race described at wikipedia is attempting to mimick the movie "cannonball run", and the high spirited fun that goes with it. the original had a crazy ea81 hatchback.. to this day, not one engine groupy would know why...unless they know engines. As stupid as the movie was portraying rich people and thier cars, the little sube added some casual hidden genius.

I like the race, glad it is afforded. Who else would do it? they ought to make it more news worthy for like a spectator...

default_smile.png

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
hey thanks for this. My dad tried describing some of them..

he claims they were fast enough to shake his rig. Before going by, someone got on the CB and said "stay to the right driver."

I bet his trailer bumper would have felt nice at 100 mph. Shamefully, I was not along for the witnessing, I take my camera every trip too...

How did you get notice to go to BIA and take some shots?

I would have too..

09FXT

I got the link from CMC website, I didn't take the pictures. I also try and take my camera on my travels just in case.

COSTIGAN86

I heard about this yesterday morning. Left work early and went to the airport. Stood on the access road and watched the cars leave for 2 hours. It was the sickest bunch of cars I have ever seen at one time. Saw a black Lambo with a Thule rack mounted on it. And the Maserati sounded super nasty. There was a Veyron there!

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I heard about this yesterday morning. Left work early and went to the airport. Stood on the access road and watched the cars leave for 2 hours. It was the sickest bunch of cars I have ever seen at one time. Saw a black Lambo with a Thule rack mounted on it. And the Maserati sounded super nasty. There was a Veyron there!
My father said that too...sounded very large at 100mph++

they went by his rig fast enough to shake it. More than 25 years in my own memory of trucking..and never ever heard him say such a thing. I guess this does go with once in a lifetime. I know they record eveything then make a dvd. He said he got spoken too before they went by a voice over the cb said "stay to the right driver."
default_idk.gif

I guess they wait a year(?) for a dvd release, will grab one just for the new england trip.

I could guess the stretch they did the speeding.. I am 3600 rpm and a humble 92 for over 100 miles sometimes. Not that I do that often. I mean, an 87 subaru is a little pansy right?
default_idk.gif

Latest posts

Back