Hey Ya'll!

RallyFocus

Well, my names Matt, I live in Atlanta. (Atlanta, Georgia, not Atlanta, Michigan). I dont own a Subaru yet, but im looking to get an STI, or a 2.5rs to build into my next rally car.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
welcome, now tell us about your Focus...there are a number of Focus moonies here.

do you race it, rally it, or what.

pic of my dear departed SVT goes, here

RallyFocus

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_1201-1.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

sideways.jpg

Poduim2.jpg

32610011.jpg

Its a 2001 ZX3 Rally Car that I spent almost two years building.

Build Thread: http://forums.focaljet.com/nasa-rally-spec-focus-series/590894-roll-cage-build.html

We ran Rally New York and got 2nd in class, 10th overall. Definitely need to upgrade the suspension before the next event. Right now its factory, and im still running street tires and stock engine. Dont really need upgrades to win, just want a little more safety because we were bouncing all over the place, it was "fun" haha.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
ooh, nice! how to hang it out there. (how to REALLY hang it out at the pic by stop sign!) Have run RNY several times, tho not for a while since our team has been concentrating on the R-A Eastern series. check out our site, http://www.lastditchracing.net

Yeah, time to really upgrade before you tackle the gravel stages. I can put you in touch with some rally guys that run Foci, they can hook you up with good bits.

#1 need besides gravel tires and gravel spec susp is...a limited slip. One wheel drive may be ok for tarmac but it sux big time on dirt or snow! Quaife or Ford Motorsports for the 5-spd box, tw/6-spd Getrag your only real option is Quaife. Most Focus rally crews I know are not running SVTs, they prefer the Zetec motor & 5-spd for better torque.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Ahh...its times like this that I miss my old 2001 ZX3! They are fun to drive....but mine was no where near as cool as yours'!

05Rex

Yeah, I used to have a 01 ZX3 too, all my friends made fun of me because it was blinding bright yellow but I had a lot of fun in that car, granted not as much fun as you look like you were having!!!

Latest posts

Back