How much difference does.....

Tony Q

A proper cat back exhaust help performance? Should I expect 15 to 20 hp? Less, More, or just more noise.....

I was thinking of going to an sti catback, I think it should fit with out much difficulty.

Then get to a muffler shop and have a center pipe made.

But is it worth it????

bd5

try more like 0-7 or so depending on brand and model on a stock car...

with the HP growing in response to your well thought out modifications.

Evan

i dont think the sti catback will do much in the way of noise, as for performance, i dunno. that would depend on if theres a difference in pipe diameters.

mikebike357

I don't think you're gonna see mad HP gainz. Just do a CAI, lightened pulley and an axelback and your butt dyno will say about +10 or there abouts.

What's the diameter of teh exhaust pipe on the 06's??? Is it still like 1.75" - 2"??

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
boo on the lightened pulley, unless you like replaceing crank seals. you really need the damper unless you are strictly racing.

mikebike357

Subies don't need a damper on the pulley.... in fact... they don't even have one on the stock...

Lightened crank pulley = OK

Tony Q

Subies don't need a damper on the pulley.... in fact... they don't even have one on the stock...

Lightened crank pulley = OK
Any suggestions as to who's is better, Perrin/Cobb.

mikebike357

They're both the same IMO. Personally, I like the Perrin cuz it's BLACK... but if you want some bling, go with the Cobb which comes in blue or gold. Plus the Perrin one comes with stickers. The Cobb just comes with a high price tag.
default_wink.png

Tony Q

I think I am liking the bling, I have never had a car under 120K so I might as well bling it up. They cost the same to me.

So Cobb it is........

Any thoughts on that Turbo XS DTEC?

R

redlinerally

How much does a Turbo XS DTEC run, and what is the performance gain? Also, (stupid question but...) the name implies it's for Turbos... can we get it for NA cars?

Tony Q

How much does a Turbo XS DTEC run, and what is the performance gain? Also, (stupid question but...) the name implies it's for Turbos... can we get it for NA cars?
The DTEC is for N/A cars, Dave at F-1 Told me about it. Give him a call and he can fill you in, but from what I understand it should be 25-35 whp gain. Also if you have a Gameboy Advance you can tune it yourself. Call him and get more specifics, 347-8078.

mikebike357

Why don't you just save up a few pennies and get the Cobb AccessPort RS when it's released this fall?!?! I think it's gonna go for around $695.

R

redlinerally

Hehe.... I've got the few pennies

Just 694998 more to go.

Latest posts

Back