How should I go about fixing this?

Goose

Tonight I was hit in a parking lot while I was inside. Damage isn't terrible but it's still got temp plates and I want it fixed. Should I have one of you fix it or call my insurance?

h8L9ajk.jpg

OUvBj6d.jpg

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Depends, could probably claim for vandalism, and would be a comprehensive claim. Ask your agent.

People suck

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo69

i hate people! Seriously!! 

From the pic it is hard to see is your bumper area bent in at all? Doesn't look like it.

Is the white area paint left from the other car or paint gone from yours?

I would say you ought to be able to get rid of the outside scuffs with a good paint correction/polish, but that area where it looks like bare metal...
default_frown.gif

brycetron

Havnt had to deal with a hit and run yet so nothing concrete to add here.  I am sure its handled a little different depending on which insurance company you are with.  unfortunately its down to bare metal.  Scuffs can usually be buffed out.

That would really make me mad.  Hopefully you can get it straightened out with out much hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
File a report ASAP, police should be able to get survaillence footage if any and possibly find who ran into you. Then they pay and then some.

Goose

No footage and nobody reported anything. Insurance says I'm on my own with my stupid deductible. Going to poke around at the next meet and see if anyone knows anyone that can assist without my insurance.

I know a really good body guy in the Bath area, but I can tell that a large area might have to be redone for it to look right. The front bumper on my moms car has to be done due to a scuff on just one corner. Repainting the bumper is $400. When I was driving my impreza I put scratches on a newer impreza rear bumper(brakes locked and I sold downhill) and that's what it cost.

Latest posts

Back