How to post pictures, a sweet tutorial

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Some people get confused with the process of sharing an image on the message board, I made a tutorial to help.

RA6Rl.jpg

0a7sZ.jpg

f04bQ.jpg

At3xL.jpg

RaYL0.jpg

And the final result:

lINt3.jpg

http://imgur.com

http://imageshack.us/

http://tinypic.com/

http://photobucket.com/

All the links are above are image hosting websites you can use, I just talked about imgur because it is super simple and has a clean look to the site.

A note on large pictures:

Some consider it rude to post HUGE pictures. A general rule of thumb is to try and keep your pictures around 800x600 or smaller. Some sites let you resize as part of the upload, but I generally resize them in photoshop, so you're on your own to play around with it if your trying to upload 2900201 by 2020101 images off your camera. This is actually less important now as the forum will autoresize them, still, if you can resize them yourself, do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Awesome tutorial is awesome. Thanks Dan.

I use photobucket for most stuff, but I use imageshack/tinypic/imgur for random images that I don't want to have to organize into a folder on my photobucket and don't ever want to use again
default_idk.gif

One suggestion: Throw in a short bit about making your folders private on photobucket.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Awesome tutorial is awesome. Thanks Dan.
I use photobucket for most stuff, but I use imageshack/tinypic/imgur for random images that I don't want to have to organize into a folder on my photobucket and don't ever want to use again
default_tongue.png

One suggestion: Throw in a short bit about making your folders private on photobucket.
Private folders are easily cracked. What you post on the internet is rarely private.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
So if I want to use pics I have saved on my computer I can`t do that anymore ?
That's what this thread is all about. The new changes to the forum made it so you can only use very small images from your computer. The method used in this thread goes: computer -> other website -> Mainely vs the old method of computer -> Mainely. A few easy steps to share images.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Oh well than I guess I`ll just have to reduce the size of my computer pics. I am from N.Y. and I just don`t trust those other photo holding sites. I believe the info on my computer that not only has the Norton antivirus that came with my computer but also my corporate anti virus and firewalls provides me with a much more self contained secured internal protection. But what do I know, I am just an old dog who started using a computer 13 years ago when I was in my 50`s.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The hosting sites are fine because you are uploading pictures. You aren't downloading software and running it.

JoshP

Do you need a certain number of posts to link a picture? Ive never been able to get this to work on this website.

This is what I get:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I have gotten that before. typically something is spelled wrong in the file tag. or it is something other than .jpg .bmp or there is another dot somewhere that it doesn't belong.

I can't seem to recreate it at this moment though. It happens to me every so often.

409323_313521802013790_100000679173775_1081074_1979027257_n.jpg

scubiecraig

Do you need a certain number of posts to link a picture? Ive never been able to get this to work on this website.

This is what I get:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.
Yeah this sounds like you are saving the pictures in a format the website doesn't recognize. Are you saving your images as jpegs? That's the most commonly used picture format for the web.

jpeg

gif

tiff

Those are all pretty common. Hope this helps.

wrangler25

Anyone figd out a way to get pics to post using iphone without having to use my desktop? Since ive gotten sprint they do wifi platform updates so no need to ever hook it up to the comp anymore.

just because im pretty sure I cant I went ahead and stopped being lazy and imported all the crap off my iphone . more pics to come

Latest posts

Back