I GIVE UP! Possible evap problem

Ray

The Northernah'
PROBLEM FIXED 

I've had a feeling it was fuel related, and I found the issue! took my fuel pump out too see if maybe it was bad, and throw in another one, turns out the little bag filter before it was plugged BAD, put one on from spillers OBS and she runs like a champ now!

JtsOQNY.jpg

Matt

Pretty sure that's suppose to be a regular maintenance item. Not that anyone ever changes it! Good job ray

Ray

The Northernah'
Not sure how it got so clogged up with all that crap haha, the one from the OBS with 300k+ miles was like new....Thanks Matt, feels good to finally have it sorted out.

Ray

The Northernah'
Yeah neither have I, car has 130k, but according to the carfax was not on the road from 09-11 so it sat a lot and maybe the gas went bad or something like that. I dont know honestly. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Never seen one of those like that. Looks like someone doesn't like you and put soil etc.. in your tank, or you found the worst gas of all time.

Ray

The Northernah'
It was like a powered charcoal, messed up for sure! It's been a problem since I got the car but was getting progressively worse. Also when I did it I made sure I was low on gas so I could inspect the tank, and it looked clean inside :itsamystery:

Latest posts

Back