I need new rotors and pads.... help?

Geist

There's alllll kindsa different types....

This is my daily driver, but I drive it the way it's meant to be driven.... so I'd like something pseudo sport? Want them to last as long as I can make em last, though....

'05 sti, by the way.

any suggestions on a decent set? O0

THANKS!

Geist

:'(

'05 sti, daily driven, but driven how she should be.

I just need rears right now, but was thinking I might as well replace all 4?

Anyone suggest a decent set? Don't break my bank too hard. :
default_wink.png

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I already posted this in tech, but didn't know if it would work out there as easy, and I need some advice asap. =D

Evan

what do you need to replace? pads? rotors? i would imagine oem is best for rotors, and i dont know who makes pads for the brembos.

patsti

NitrousFed
dude just get new pads, and turn the rotors or some new rotors. check iwsti.com for info. I think you can get pads under 200 and go to napa and get oe replacement rotors (the better ones not the cheap ones I think they are 300 for the set or less). to turn the rotors will be like 70 or so. you dont need new calipers for any reason. it takes maybe 2 hours to do the pads and rotors and that's if you are grilling some chicken while doing it... Ill do them for ya if ya want.

patsti

NitrousFed
napa the better rotors. pads get hawks or simillar. dont get oem rotors hahaha. (dude your car is new just turn the rotors)>

Geist

My car's not really new.... it's got 43k miles.... and I was told/under the assumption that turning my rotors probably wasn't the best idea.

I think i'll def be going w/ some hawk hps' but I wasn't too sure about rotors and shit.

Thanks, though, man!

If anyone else has any suggestions, keep em coming! :-*

oh, and that ebay link? How's it fit '03-'07 stis??

Nobody else seems to say that they'd all fit the same, given the 5x100/5x114.3 thing.

Geist

Brakes are the worst area to save $$.

Don't cheap out on parts that could save your life.
Oh I know, I'm not gonna cheap out, I just don't want to be dropping a LOVING thousand bucks on that stuff right now...

The fronts still have a lot of meat, so I think i'm just going to change the backs for now, even though I wanted to change all of them, and get some nice slotted dba's or something....

$350 dealership job or something, I suppose...

Instead of $750 for my parts all the way around for now....

Just had my fronts changed like 12k ago, btw.

dyzfr6

hey bro if you call and remind me, even though everyone hates him for some reason, NEAD will treat me right so i can get you a price on some decent shit

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/

Front: DP31210C $118.38

Rear: DP31538C $84.27

Total $202.65

Don't bother with slotted rotors. unless you are getting brake fade (doubtful even with stock pads)

hell of a lot cheaper than what you were looking at from the stealer.

patsti

NitrousFed
Brakes are the worst area to save $$.

Don't cheap out on parts that could save your life.
I get my info on brakes from having the same car as him and from IWSTI AND NASIOC> these are better then stock and he needs not to waste money. Iam a firm believer in getting the best but if it can be had for less with better performance then why not? please read on iwsti... people are tracking these sets and having great reviews.

patsti

NitrousFed
why cant you turn the rotors? who told ya mainemallmotors? hahaha people have been doing it for ever. get the napa rotors they are great.

patsti

NitrousFed
when ya order ya tell them ( dif areas had the sti in 03 with the same brakes.) that's why. if ya have 5x 114.5 then tell them. that's all. I got rotors on ebay for my bimmer and they are the isht

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
unlesss the are warped turn them. your car doessnt have 100k on it!
it is very unlikely that they are truely "warped" Most of the time it is pad deposits.

The EBC's that I posted part #'s for in your other thread will take care of pad deposits durring break in.

Geist

I didn't check the rotors myself, I'm lacking in knowledge when it comes to bake tech.

Just going by what the dealership told me.

patsti

NitrousFed
I didn't check the rotors myself, I'm lacking in knowledge when it comes to bake tech.

Just going by what the dealership told me.
hahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahha, sorry.. hahahahha

maine mall motors told me I needed to get new calipers since they wear in 30k... hahahahha my brakes are still oem and are 80%pad life and rotors look new. hahah

Latest posts

Back