Impreza 2.5 RS exhaust suggestions

Nikki

Recently made the switch from Volkswagen to Subaru. In need of some exhaust ideas and opinions to achieve the classic subie growl. Ideas?

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
welcome! and to change the sound, get a catback exhaust system, differences between those is mostly loudness, not really tone

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Unequal length headers are responsible for the majority of the subaru rumble. Try finding some on ebay, or some wrx stock takeoffs on here or craigslist and have them modded to fit the rest of your exhaust. Dont bother spending 4+ hundred dollars on a catback, as with your car thee wouldent be any noticablr power increase.

that's something youll learn too, trying to get more power out of an n/a subaru is like squeezing blood from a turnip. Dans gonna tell you to work on making your car handle better... And hes 100% correct if faster is what your after

Oh, and kudos for making the smart move
default_wink.png
and welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikki

If I was after fast, I would have gotten something other than a stock 2.5 RS. haha, just after a nice sound.

Matt

What year rs? You can get an eBay header used for like 80 bucks. I run borla header, stock cat , 2.5 mid to glass pack resonator into a

Flowmaster and it's stupid loud.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Completely understandable, that subie roar is the cause of many a wet dream.

My suggestion would be a uel header swap, and then change up your axleback. Or just weld a different muffler on the existing one

BAM rumble.

Nikki

I don't want like racecar loud haha. I can stand in my yard and recognize a subie rumble from a mile away. that's what I want.

Nikki

Completely understandable, that subie roar is the cause of many a wet dream.

My suggestion would be a uel header swap, and then change up your axleback. Or just weld a different muffler on the existing one

BAM rumble.
^lololol

In my opinion the stock exhaust system on a n/a subaru is fairly free. With my 1.8L and a thrush turbo muffler I have a bit of the rumble but its not extremely loud.

Nikki

I think I'm going to try uel headers, and see what I get for a result and go from there? Haha, idk.

SUBARUDE

Borla catback is the best of both world it won't cause a lot of dron and give you a nice boxer rumble or you can also find yourself a decent Wrx axle back and have a muffler shop rotate your midpipe flange for around $40

Latest posts

Back