Impreza 2.5 RS exhaust suggestions

Flipswitch

adding rumble to an 05 rs? subscribed
default_additional_scared.gif

i-wagon

Borla catback is the best of both world it won't cause a lot of dron and give you a nice boxer rumble or you can also find yourself a decent Wrx axle back and have a muffler shop rotate your midpipe flange for around $40
Unless I'm missing something, shouldn't a wrx axleback bolt right on? That's what I did on my car (07 imp) and welded on a different muffler. I have another mufflerless axleback during in my dads garage, but that and choose a muffler to put on. If your are leaving the factory resonator which I recommend, flowmaster 40,.dynomax ultra flow, thrush welded or any borla or magnaflow should sound good. I'm on my second dynomax since the first on got punky

i-wagon

Oh... Well he could get my pipe for cheap money and get it rotated, our I could do out for him

05RSKID

I have a UEl Borla Header, high flow cat, wrx mid pipe and a prodrive axle back and got it all used for less the $500 From a few people on here. Sounds great except the leak in the header, the rumble is a little loud but haven't had any trouble with the cops

nicke

I know this is an old thread, but for those of you who made the switch from stock to a modded exhaust, are you getting any cel or codes? I just picked up an 05 with an UEl Borla headder, high flow cat, and full 2 1/2" cat back, but seem to be getting the P2096 code with CEl. 

Thoughts? Anyone run into this?

Thanks

Jamey

Lean code. I had it when I did the wrx header on my 11 found leak around o2 never came Back after fixed

nicke

You can get it tuned out , but could be bad sensor I'd check the basics sensors leaks etc
Thanks... can anyone confirm that this setup "should" be able to run without throwing a code? I'll check again, but I'm thinking sensors are good, and there shouldn't be any leaks. Just want to make sure I throw money at new parts if tuning it out is the only option, ya know?

Latest posts

Back