Introduction from Lebanon

DCForever07

Hey guys I stumbled across this forum either from IWSTI or google. Basically I just moved back to Maine from Texas (FML) in April for a permanent position with the ANG at Pease in Portsmouth, NH.

I've owned mostly saabs being from maine, but back in 2006 purchased a 05' STi while dating my now wife. She hated the vehicle, got pregnant and made me sell it. So I once again went with the nicest Saab at that time and have owned it since, finally paid off last year and now after finally moving back to Maine from the horrible state of Texas I told her I'm buying another Subaru and she agreed its a good thing to have with the snow.

So tomorrow I find out if financing is all set on a used 2011 STi out in Connecticut, and if so I will be picking it up this week. I can't wait to join the Suby family again, and hopefully can get to know some local subaru fanatics in this area.

Oh and I must say whoever created/monitors this site does an awesome job. Seen a lot of sites and they look like crap. I actually like the layout better then IWSTI.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
welcome back to maine! there are a few other military members on this site as well(myself included). Would love to see some pics once you pick up your new ride!

DCForever07

Thanks man I'm so glad to be back in my home state. It's been far too long. Haven't seen snow in 5 years and I'm really hoping everything works out tomorrow. I will definitely post pictures if everything goes through (fingers crossed). Hows the guard up in Bangor? I love it down at Pease. So much better then the reserves or at least Carswell ARB in Fort Worth. That was hell.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Thanks man I'm so glad to be back in my home state. It's been far too long. Haven't seen snow in 5 years and I'm really hoping everything works out tomorrow. I will definitely post pictures if everything goes through (fingers crossed). Hows the guard up in Bangor? I love it down at Pease. So much better then the reserves or at least Carswell ARB in Fort Worth. That was hell.
I love being in bangor. I grew up here so it kinda has a special place. Our unit is not the stereotypical kind that the Active guys would crap on which is really nice. Work hard, Play hard!

There's a security forces guy down there and a radar guy i know. Kellerman, and Buckley. Do you know either of them?

DCForever07

Thanks guys for all the welcomes, tomorrow at 2 I'm finally picking up the beast out of conneticut. I'll post pics as soon as I can. Was hoping to make the meeting in Auburn but doubt I can pull it off.

n8wrx

Spec B
Im actually right down the road in sanford off 202. 2008 Spec b here in quartz silver, cant wait to see the new ride!

DCForever07

that's awesome you guys are close. N8wrx I had looked at that Legacy back when I bought my first STi, such a sick car. Love those red leather seats. Was hoping to get a Limited this time around, but couldn't pass up on 5k under BB and having another silver car. I'm leaving here in a few minutes to head to Connecticut and pick the beast up. Wish me luck guys.

n8wrx

Spec B
Mines a 08 i drove to vermont to get it, doesn't have the ugly red seats lol
default_tongue.png
at least i think there gastly ugly haha. It has black STI style alcartra or however you spell it heated seats and doesn't have a 5 speed like the 06 spec b, 07+ spec b's get the 6 speed and the r180 LSD rear diff... basicly a STI in a legacy body only big differences are it retains the LGT brakes no brembos (soon to be fixed) and it doesn't have a LSD center diff like the STI.

that's awesome you guys are close. N8wrx I had looked at that Legacy back when I bought my first STi, such a sick car. Love those red leather seats. Was hoping to get a Limited this time around, but couldn't pass up on 5k under BB and having another silver car. I'm leaving here in a few minutes to head to Connecticut and pick the beast up. Wish me luck guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCForever07

Well here it is. Took us forever to get home it seems. CT cops are probably the biggest dicks ever, pulled over for following my wife "too close" and then the guy gives me attitude for asking questions. Like I'm supposed to know the proper transfer plate for CT. Honestly screw them. So glad to be home. Already took the dealers sticker off the back and dealer plate off the front. I'll post more tomorrow.

1st one.jpg

DCForever07

Thanks guys, Cobb accessport is coming first. Gotta get the front windows detinted and tinted to legal in Maine though. They are so dark. More mods will come after my quick deployment. So in love with the car though it's amazing!

Latest posts

Back