Just got my license!

Stryker

I'm kinda excited haha; but this means I can finally get a car; and I just test drove a 98 impreza L coupe today, thinking about possibly getting that or a 98 OBS. Not sure which one though. But I hope to now become more active on here and come to meets and such...

Anyways. See you guys soon I hope!

Upon closer inspection of my license, I weigh 3 pounds!

163435_10150109549016214_680626213_7545440_8339420_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

no tickets for two years or youll be riding the school bus again.....and that sucks.....trust me

Stryker

no tickets for two years or youll be riding the school bus again.....and that sucks.....trust me
Yeah, NH laws are different, you lose it for 20 days if you get a ticket I think. But that goes up for each ticket and so does insurance so I don't plan on getting any. However I haven't ridden the bus in...2 years so I'm not worried about that part.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Congrats!! I remember getting my license, it took me two years between getting my license and being able to afford a car...

You lose it on the spot for getting a ticket in the first two years of having your license? that's harsh... I guess it makes sense though. I don't want an inexperienced driver speeding around me...

02 WRX Chris

Yep....i know that feeling. I got busted on a seasonal one way street in portland. It was retarded and lost my license for 30 days. Hope to see you at some meets mate!

Stryker

Haha thanks guys, I have a job at Cranmore mountain here in my area and I will be working a lot over the holidays but my dad is going to help me buy my first car here hopefully this or next week and I will pay for insurance; gas; ect...but once summer comes around and I get a full on summer job I will be paying him back. I test drove a 98 subaru impreza 2D Limited model, it felt a lot different than my moms 09 impreza for sure; the clutch was completely different, the brakes, and the gear shifting was weird too, it just didn't seem as complete I guess, I think the old rubber shift boot didn't help either haha, I couldn't really tell what gear I was in from looking at it! But I think I am going to pick up something like that soon and I can't wait!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You shouldn't need to ever look at the shifter, you should just know what gear you're in. With more experience you won't even think about it, it's just automatic.

I don't like the new cars with drive by wire. It always pisses me off with the throttle lag. My mom's '08 outback does it. Hit the gas, and it just has a little lag, let off the gas to shift up and the RPMs hang there for just an instant longer than they do in my cable gas pedal cars.

The clutch in the newer subarus is nice and smooth though, I do like that.

Stryker

You shouldn't need to ever look at the shifter, you should just know what gear you're in. With more experience you won't even think about it, it's just automatic.

I don't like the new cars with drive by wire. It always pisses me off with the throttle lag. My mom's '08 outback does it. Hit the gas, and it just has a little lag, let off the gas to shift up and the RPMs hang there for just an instant longer than they do in my cable gas pedal cars.

Yeah, I know what your talking about with the lag, I could feel that this car had pretty immediate throttle response. However I just found the gear thing odd, it looked like it was moving around a lot when it was out of gear; I am probably going to go look at it again tomorrow or the next day and bring it down to a dealership that we trust. They are really good in there and having both my parents having worked there as the top mechanic and tops salesperson, we know a lot of the people who still work there and they're really good about things there. Should be able to get a good look into the car and hopefully it checks out and I can drive home my new ride
default_smile.png

Matt

shifter bushings are junk......my first car was an 86 camaro z28 with a 355 my dad and i rebuilt....not a great first car but it was fun as hell with the 700r blow!!!! got an excessive acceleration ticket and lost mine for 60 days.....aka burning the tires off

Stein

Stein

I feel like I have those issues on my cable-driven car
default_smile.png
. I'm probably just being picky though.

You should definitely look at the pre-GD era Imprezas. They're a lot of fun.

Stryker

shifter bushings are junk......my first car was an 86 camaro z28 with a 355 my dad and i rebuilt....not a great first car but it was fun as hell with the 700r blow!!!! got an excessive acceleration ticket and lost mine for 60 days.....aka burning the tires off

I'm thinking a short throw shifter would fix that then if I got bushings along with it?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
You don't "need" a short shifter to fix the shift slop. Shift stay front bushings are cheap and easy, hell I'd do the front ones for you at a meet. Evergreen can hook you up with the appropriate bushings with a club discount
default_smile.png

I did just the front shift stay bushing on my RS and it solved my issues. After taking the trans out of my RS twice (soon to be 3 times), I've got a pretty intimate understanding of how the linkages work :|

Stryker

You don't "need" a short shifter to fix the shift slop. Shift stay front bushings are cheap and easy, hell I'd do the front ones for you at a meet. Evergreen can hook you up with the appropriate bushings with a club discount
default_smile.png

I did just the front shift stay bushing on my RS and it solved my issues. After taking the trans out of my RS twice (soon to be 3 times), I've got a pretty intimate understanding of how the linkages work :|

I know I don't need...but...I want
default_smile.png

I'm pretty sure I will be getting this car so I'll throw that on my list I guess
default_smile.png

WRwagon

default_smile.png

Not to jack the thread, but wait we get a discount at Evergreen?

Good luck finding your first car! My first one was a hail-damaged VW...looked like a big golf ball. But it was cheap.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
My first car was my suby leggy, awesome little car for a first car. Good gas mileage, handles pretty well in the snow to keep me safe when I didn't know how to drive in snow well... Pretty cheap insurance, etc. And I can take it and drive 1500 miles out on a road trip and not worry about it breaking on me.

Go for something with the 2.2, that way you don't have to worry about all the crap going wrong with the 2.5.

Latest posts

Back