Laser Eye Surgery

TheNailman

Warcock
Lasik

I'm doing some research, and i have found a place here in Boston that is nationally recognized, and is very very well reviewed. however, it's beyond expensive. i have a friend that went to Canada to have it done, and one that went to AZ. both were done at like half of what this local place wants, and are very happy with the results.

I'm wondering, if anybody on here has had the procedure done, and if so, where did you go? How much did you pay? and how happy are you with the results?

thanks

09FXT

I had it done in Portland, ME. Have heard prices here are more do to the fact they are keeping up with technology, in Canada they have the older equipment. I think I paid 2500 9 years ago with no problems to date. --knocks on wood-- My cousin went to Canada because no one in the US would touch his poor vision, must be airline mechanic thing or something ;-)

Boynton4

My mom went to Canada for her Lasik's surgery 2 years ago. $1600 for both eyes, and she's very happy with it and doesn't think they could have done a better job anywhere else. She went to a place in Sherbrooke, Quebec..

inski

my sister had it done in Portland. I can't remember the price, but it did NOT come out as well as it could have. From what I've read sometimes it doesn't always work as well as you hoped it would. She still wear contacts, but the coke bottle glasses are gone.

saabaru

I just had it done in October. Eye Care Medical group in Portland. Cost was about 3800, and the reason I did was I had money in my flex account I was going to loose, so wife and I talked about it and she gave me the go ahead. I also got no interest for 18 months. The precedure is easy, I actually went under the laser 2 times on one eye cause the flap was not secure. As for results, I could not be happier. So tired of wearing contacts and when allergy season kicked in it sucked. The first two three months are weird and you will use a crap load of eye drops. EMG, also did my brothers, his wife, my sister and my mothers and we are all very happy. Dr. Sterrer was the Doc who did mine.

saabaru

One more thing. For the first few months, while driving at night I would see a red halo around taillights. Dr said it was normal, and now it is not an issue.. If I have forgot anything else, I will post it up.. If you have questions pm me..

Latest posts

Back