Lenient Inspection Station..? Anyone...

Hummus

Hi everyone. I'm new to Mainely Subarus but certainly not new to forums or Subarus. I've been coming to Maine my whole life from just north of Boston, but recently moved to Maine and I need to get my car inspected. It is "fairly" modified haha, but I have a catted midpipe for my txs turbo-back exhaust to "assist" in passing inspection..

Anyways, my car is protuned and passes visual and readiness checks, but it is doubtful that it will pass if the shop checks the underside of the car (no other cats are present). Any help would be appreciated considering the inspection sticky, or "pin," doesn't mention any specific shops, as it shouldn't. Thanking anyone in advance. I would love to get it done tomorrow, so there's that too haha. Thanks everyone.

Visonik

I don't know any shop that would want to be labeled as "lenient" on the internet where any authority could find it. Word of mouth is better for this.

Also, giving a more specific location than living in Maine would be helpful in helping you.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Any help would be appreciated considering the inspection sticky, or "pin," doesn't mention any specific shops, as it shouldn't.
You say that, then go and ask someone to post one on the internet anyway...

Take it to be inspected and see what they say. Avoid dealers, chains, and gas stations on main roads. Go find some place back in the woods with an old faded state inspection sign. Put on some dirty carhartts, a flannel shirt and be polite to the guy. You'll probably get a sticker.

Hummus

Thanks for responding. I'm new to this forum and figured that people could private message each other, like on Nasioc for example. So I wasn't asking anything unreasonable I just didn't check for that feature. I cranked out my post at work in hopes of finding something in the community. Cumberland County, West side of Sebago Lake and Portland are the most accessible areas. Also, I already understood all of those common sense, last resort ideas, but again I was just seeing what I could find. Thanks guys. 

Industry

You also have to understand that those "lenient" shops are few and far between now, and those of us that know of them aren't very likely to hand out info to someone we have never met before. The above advice is solid though. The small shops out in the country aren't likely to crawl around under the car. Good luck with your search. Bill's in west bath used to be pretty good about things, but I haven't been there in a few years.

Latest posts

Back