LGT Pad/rotor suggestions?

ShagginWagon

It's that time. Dealer says I need new pads and machined rotors this spring. So, I am thinking about beefing up:

Option 1: Hawk Ceramic/stock rotors

Option 2: Hawk ceramic/DBA rotors

Option 3: Ebay pads/OEM rotors

Option 4: suck it up and pay for the brake job.

I'm curious about what aftermarket pads folks are running, and any suggestions.

Thanks!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Option #2 and #4 (OEM parts @ dealer) will probly end up at a similar price point

so if you are willing to do the work.....

wzrd

im running the hawk hps pads,with DBA 4000 rotors......only a few months into the upgrade but so far so good...Nice bite ,no fade....Big improvment over stock.

SUBARUDE

go to cvrmotorsports they have a four corner deal with hawk pads and stop tech rotors shipped for like $475 or so

ShagginWagon

Option #2 and #4 (OEM parts @ dealer) will probly end up at a similar price point
so if you are willing to do the work.....
I've never done brakes before, but replacing pads and rotors seems simple. Am I setting myself up for disaster?!

4WRXter

Skier!
go to cvrmotorsports they have a four corner deal with hawk pads and stop tech rotors shipped for like $475 or so
no they are pretty straight foward with your car
Gabe is right on both. I got the FXT set-up from CVR and swapped them myself. Some bolts to thread through the rotors for removal will be your second best buy after the pads and rotors. I suggest getting at least 4 bolts. Mine mushroomed a little and it was hard to start them into the third and fourth rotors.

I think the bolt size is 8 or 10 mm X 1.5mm thread pitch????????? Not positive on that.

Apollyon12

What kind of driving are you doing?

As far as I am aware, if you aren't doing any motorsports then anything other than OEM is just bling.

ShagginWagon

What kind of driving are you doing?
As far as I am aware, if you aren't doing any motorsports then anything other than OEM is just bling.
This is my daily driver, but I sure wouldn't mind a little more power at the brakes.

RallyCat

I did Hawk HPS pads and DBA 4000 slotted rotors on the front of my 05 LGT Limited wagon. A very nice improvement over stock but still very street friendly. Brakes on the LGT are simple to change.

Apollyon12

I went with the Hawk HPS Pads too. No problems or complaints. I wanted to upgrade the rotors at the same time but I had a whole lot of other stuff that would get me more bang for the buck. I will eventually upgrade them but not until they are actually needed.

Blue GT

Another vote for hawk HPS pads and DBA 4000 slotted rotors, have been running them on my LGT for about 8 months and its a HUGE improvement. Nothing is going to make a LGT stop like a sti but these small increases are night and day.

I did the brakes myself, and they are all sorts of straightforward as far as brakes go, i'd be willing to lend a hand in the spring.

PS import image racing seems to have the cheapest prices for brakes.

TheNailman

Warcock
for what it's worth. .. i am running recently resurfaced brembo rotors (thanks inski!) with Project Mu` B-Force pads.

grips like a monster. ask joel.

patsti

NitrousFed
I have ebay drilled slotted rotors on my car with some nismo rtune pads... I beat the crap out of my car... rotors are not warped and are holding up great after 10k.

Latest posts

Back