Light Setups and Discussion

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
If theyre mounted below the centerline of the headlights then they can be lit up and used like fogs. When I get another pair two will be wired to my hi beams and the other two to my fogs
default_biggrin.png

Mighty Subie

They are never done.... Really. Plus any aftermarket lights must be turned off for oncoming traffic. Period. That be the law. (for anyone curious)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
They are never done.... Really. Plus any aftermarket lights must be turned off for oncoming traffic. Period. That be the law. (for anyone curious)
I thought lights like the hella 500, etc weren't even legal for road use at all. They're not DOT approved.

And yes, a car is never done. Ever.

Mighty Subie

Just reread 29a. I can't remember exactly what I read before but now it says 2 fogs may be mounted and used so long as at 30 feet from the car they shine no more than 2 feet off the road and if they are above the centerline of thr headlights, they may not be operated on public ways.

Mighty Subie

Found it. 29a chapter 19. I'm paraphrasing: allowed fog lights must be turned off with oncoming traffic at 500 feet or same lane traffic at 300 feet unless the lights were installed at the factory. :) I knew I read it somewhere. So all aftermarket lights (other than headlights) must be turned off for oncoming traffic. Plus you're only allowed two fogs up front. Not that they will say anything if you're not blinding people with them.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Found it. 29a chapter 19. I'm paraphrasing: allowed fog lights must be turned off with oncoming traffic at 500 feet or same lane traffic at 300 feet unless the lights were installed at the factory. :) I knew I read it somewhere. So all aftermarket lights (other than headlights) must be turned off for oncoming traffic. Plus you're only allowed two fogs up front. Not that they will say anything if you're not blinding people with them.
I've had hellas on my car for 2 years now, and nobody cares.

Mighty Subie

No one will care if you aren't out there blinding people. Especially if the look like stock (ie. 500s on an 02-03 impreza). I just like to make sure that when I see someone posting incorrect stuff about laws, that I throw up the correct stuff so people aren't misinformed.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It should be illegal to put HIDs in reflectors where halogens belong.

It pisses me off every time some smuck drives by me with improperly installed HIDs (that would be any time you install HIDs in a standard reflector) and blinds me.

These are the people who find out how bright my illegal hellas are....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
And while we're on the topic of HIDs in reflectors... The first prius touring package deal that has HIDs in the normal halogen reflectors...

They're as improperly adjusted as the ricer boys who get crap from autozone. How are those legal?!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
So I'm making this thread to not clutter other members threads.

This will be all about your custom light setups, different lights you used, how you wired them, etc...

Post pictures and anything regarding exterior lighting, even Street Glow!!!(matt) heh heh

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
ballin' eyeballZ!

all light setups on all 3 cars: driving lights wired to work with high beams, dip with stock dimmer switch. all switchable on or off w/dash buttonz

OEM RS fogs wired so they can work in stock config (on w/lo beam, off w/highs) or be switched on @ all times

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I have two hella 700s on my legacy. Mounted kinda ghetto.. How I did it was cut a peice of angle iron to about 14 inches, undercoat it to prevent rust, and I attached it to my bumper via some studs washers and nuts I got from the homeless creepo. Then mounted the hellas to that, ill try to upload pics today.

Latest posts

Back