Looking for help!!!

SUBARUDE

you sneaky bastard
default_frown.gif

Nate

Founding Father
Holy hormones batman....

I would say there is def a reason 95% of all exhausts have flex sections, or utilize the donut style gasket connection. It really does have to be able to move around. Stock STI up pipes use a flex section, and I've personally seen one of those break over time (just ask Mark). Also ask anyone that's used a straight (hard) up pipe. Most have issues with it not sealing good over time. They develop leaks at the gaskets.

I really want to rid myself of this mess I have going on with the connection on my 3" DP to my SPT Catback (donut gasket). I have this silly adapter with a 3" gasket, and then a donut gasket on the other side, all being held together with longer (napa brand) spring bolts. I would love to add a 3" bolt up flange to ditch the mess I have on my DP now, but the only way I would do this is having a flex section added to the midpipe near the new flange.

Nate

Founding Father
And whoa back to Boon.....

Brother. Take it over to a muffler shop, and have them reweld in a flex section. Bam, done deal. They do it all the time.

iahtnoob

yeah, gabe, gots the gutted stock dp so I'm using the donut gasket. I'll inquire with midas in auburn about it.

Nate

Founding Father
Keeping the donut gasket might be all the flex you would need Boon. But you have to figure even with the movement of the donut gasket and spring bolts, you still broke the flex section. I wouldn't go solid if you can help it.

Ryan

Nate I used one of those adapters for the longest time, but with the recent engine swap, we couldn't get the damn thing to seal anymore for some reason. Got rid of that thing and welded a flat 3" flange on
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back