Looking for help!!!

EddieHunt05

ehh that might be tricky going to have to make sure that is straight not cocked at all or else you'll have a bigger whistling noise

Ryan

I'm sure it can be done. Find a good muffler shop (Auburn Meineke is a good place) and they should be able to do it no problem. Is it stainless steel? If so you need to make sure they use stainless steel piping!

I recently got my donut flange on my Cobb catback cut off and welded on a 3" stainless flat flange over at Meineke in Auburn.

SUBARUDE

it can be done but this will create new exhaust leaks else where cause the exhaust system needs a place to flex and that's where it is
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Ryan

it can be done but this will create new exhaust leaks else where cause the exhaust system needs a place to flex and that's where it is
default_additional_sillylol.gif
This isn't an issue with Subarus. The hangers alone give enough wiggle room. Most people run full 3" exhausts with no flex portions in them at all just fine.

SUBARUDE

you really think so so a 15 foot sold pole attached to a moving mass will not crack after a period of time of twisting and bouncing around every car has flexable hangers and every exhaust has a flex point like with subarus it is at the donut gasket at the end of the downpipe with it spring bolts or with a aftermarket exhaust it has a flex pipe its there for a reason so don't tell me its not need i had a flex less exhaust on the white wrx and it keep blowing gaskets until i change to a midpipe with a flex section and i bet if you ask the people at midas or meineke they will tell you the same thing

SUBARUDE

and are any of you running a exhaust without a flex point probably not so why would you give someone the wrong advise when you are not running what he is going to run
default_frown.gif

Ryan

Gabe I am running a full 3" exhaust with no flex portion, donut gasket, or spring bolts (My Cobb CBE's donut end was cut off and welded on a 3" flat flange). Do you know how many people run full 3" turbo back exhausts? Almost everyone. The only downpipe on the market that utilizes a donut gasket is the stock downpipe and the Cobb downpipe that I am aware of. Everything else is a flat 3" flange.

I talked to Joel about this a few weeks ago and he says he never has seen a problem with Subaru exhausts cracking. He runs a full 3" exhaust on the EG race car with no problems.

SUBARUDE

you'll see you will blow out a gasket that all i have to say it is there for a reason and sorry but if it were my exhaust i would do it

Ryan

Don't you think it would be a bit more common amongst the Subaru community with the amount of people that run full 3" turbobacks?

I never hear/see people with this issue.

SUBARUDE

and that's how you can tell a cheap aftermaket exhaust system is they usaully don't have a flex section

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have heard of many aftermarket exhaust systems on Subarus having issues when they have no flex portion, so I dunno where you would here the opposite. I have full 3 " on mine and I have a doughnut gasket. It has to flex, or it will slowly start to leak, or will crack!!

Latest posts

Back